“Good food, reasonably priced”

Frangipani Lao & Thai Cuisines
Ranked #280 of 391 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Thai
Beaverton, OR
“Good food, reasonably priced”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My son and I went to Frangipani after spending the morning over at Big Al's across the street. We were looking for a good Thai restaurant for lunch.

The restaurant is new, airy, clean,and bright with lots of floor-to-ceiling windows. This restaurant is located in the new Progress Ridge shopping center with ample parking next to the restaurant. Seating is comfortable at individual tables and chairs. Service was quick and courteous. I ordered a curry dish, and my son ordered pad thai. Both arrived promptly, with a simple but appealing appearance.

The pad thai was very good; the rice noodles can be tricky to do right. On one hand, they can be tough and chewy; too far the other way and they are mushy and sticky. But the chef at Frangipani got it right, and the noodles came out perfect.

My curry was also very good. Served in a separate bowl, on a plate with a large scoop of rice, I was free to combine the rice and curry on my plate. Some Thai restaurants seem to go overboard on the curries, and the results, while tasty, are almost too heavy and too rich. This curry was perfect; flavorful, but not too rich.

We had the lunch specials. They also have a traditional dinner menu with many items that look appealing. We'll have to come back and sample the menu some more.

• Visited March 2012

Tigard, Oregon
“Great Thai Food at an affordable price”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My wife and I visited Frangipani Lao & Thai Cuisines recently and found it to be a wonderful family friendly restaurant. The menu selection is authentic albeit somewhat common among the local Thai restaurants. It's a relatively new restaurant and it showed in a couple of areas. We were fortunate to have ordered an appetizer because the main course took longer than we expected. Not that we are impatient people, but for a restaurant that wasn't even half full, we were surprised at how long the meal took. Having said that, it was apparent that the cook took their time to produce a wonderful meal. It was fresh, hot and delicious. If you don't mind waiting a bit for your food, then this restaurant will fit the bill.

• Visited February 2012