“Busy Place, Tasty Food!”

Golden Valley Restauraunt & Brewery
Ranked #7 of 399 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our first visit to the Beaverton location. Buzzing on a Friday night. We were given a pager and told it would be a 25 minute wait. Judging from the number of people waiting, it looked more like 10 minutes to me and fortunately I was right. The restaurant has two sides. The buzzing restaurant/bar side to the left and to the right an area that probably works well for large groups. We were seated on the right. The table was tiny and out in the middle of a big open area which felt a little weird. Certainly no atmospere in this side, but quieter if you want to talk.
The service was very good. The menu is huge with lots of choices and featuring local fresh ingrediants. Carlton Farms pork is always a good sign of quality. We ordered the fried oysters appetizer which was delicious. The oysters were small and perfectly cooked and arrived hot. They were on a huge bed of lovely baby greens which we devoured with a little fresh lemon. Portions were ample. The sandwiches are served on some interesting breads, and my cob salad was one of the best I have ever had. The trip to the ladies room revealed that the other side of the restaurant is really fun and appealing but we were not seated there. The restroom was in need of service and could really use a bit of better thought on how it is presented.
There is also some outdoor covered space that looked very appealing and some hardy souls were even out there, burrrrr. Would be really great on a warm summer evening.
In all this place is a welcome addition to the area. The food is great and my rating would probably been higher had we been seated on the restaurant side. I would have waited a bit longer for a table had we known that.

1  Thank chipco2

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My family will make this place a regular eatery. The ambiance is good. I had the best seafood plate ever, the oysters, shrimp, and halibut were all hand breaded and delicious. Great craft brews. I enjoyed the Black Panther Imperial Stout and the Geist Bock. Enjoy....

5  Thank ClintonUSA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We took a friend to dinner here, trying it for the first time at about 7:00 in the evening. It was really busy which is good for the venue. Service was friendly and the food and presentation were average. The price seemed commensurate with quality. Our concern was the diminutive size of the beer glasses while charging for a pint of beer. We in Oregon have many micro breweries with excellent drafts offered in pint size containers while enjoying tasty fare. Why would I want to return to Golden Valley when beer is average and the outfit is trying to pull one over on the clientele.

1  Thank trailtrodder
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went here Saturday night for dinner with the kids. This place is located at the intersection of Bethany Blvd and Highway 26 and used to be a Chili's. We were seated in a booth on the bar side which was spacious enough. I think some dividers would make the dining and bar areas a bit more comfortable, but that is not too big a deal.

This place is apparently local, serving its own meat and produce, and brewing its own beer in McMinnville. Adult food was decent, we had burgers which were big enough, my wife's was a bit on the rare side even though she asked for medium well. The burgers came with steak fries which always seem kinda soggy, not sure why people like them. In all fairness other side dishes were available. My son liked his fish and chips even though the kids size was a bit too small for him. My daughter basically didn't touch her mac and cheese which turned out to be entirely tasteless. I had a house IPA which was decent, neither good nor bad.

Service was ok, our order ticket was lost somehow delaying the arrival of our food. Value overall for the money was fair.

Overall I think this is a place does have some potential with its own beers and local produce, at this point it suffers from what ails most of the restaurants in the suburbs of Portland I have been to, they are never really bad, but not great either.

1  Thank rttroeger
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The Golden Valley Brew pub has a nice eating area with a family feel. This bar is also spacious and nice with multiple televisions with sports bar feel. The food is good but the service tends to be a little slow. The food keeps us coming back. I love the Tuscan Walnut and Apricot Salad with their juicy chicken on it. And it's gluten free! Yum! My husband has had a variety of the burgers, sandwiches and specials and has enjoyed all of them! This is a regular stop when eating out.

1  Thank TrudyTraveler