“Wonderful surprise!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My friend took me to this restaurant and we had a delicious lunch with great beer. The service was prompt, even with our outdoor seating. I was really impressed and enjoyed the experience! Also, the meat was of superior taste when compared with chains- I guess they use their own farm to produce livestock.

2  Thank traveler010148

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This is a great pub/brewery experience, which I wouldn't have expected from the strip mall location. The food items are classic brewery fare, but very nicely prepared and we appreciate the local sourcing of the beef. The beers were good, and nice value. W had a server who made a couple of mistakes with our orders, but more than made up for them not only with appropriate apologies and prompt corrections, but a great attitude and attentiveness.
We sat outside, so can't speak to interior atmosphere, but outside patio was attractive, and comfortable with gas fireplace. We'd return.

2  Thank UnsheepishlySeattle
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our family likes this resturaunt. Its local and has resonable dishes and prices. Its a nice change from McMennamins (they never change anything). This place on the other hand has a good menu to chose from and decent staff. I am a person who doesn't mind waiting a couple minutes for my drink order, however I can see from previous comments on here that there are some instant gratification people out there. I more like a mello atmosphere with a "no rush" kind of feel, which this place offers.

2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife Nancy & I recently visited GVB Restaurant for Sunday brunch, just to see what it was like. We're not typical "brew crowd", but were more than pleasantly surprised. Our meal on every account was great. The very personable server explained how they raise their own beef, source their own veggies, and brew their own suds. Everything was tasty and fresh, just like "farm-to-fork" is supposed to be. This is a trend we support, and GVB is doing an excellent job of executing it. Definitely recommend!

2  Thank mikhurst
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Visited with family and had a great time. The flight of beer gave us an option to try multiple varieties and choose which we wanted a pint of with dinner. Try the hamburgers - they raise the beef on their own ranch and it was excellent. We had a large party (6 adults and a baby) and food came promptly and everything was correct. We only had 2 issues: 1) The menu claims the fish and chips are the best in Portland. While they were good (according to the person who ate them), they are not the best he has had in Portland. Second, we all agreed that the German Potato Salad was not German, and none of us really loved it. It is almost like pickled potatoes... when I am next in town, I would go back again.

2  Thank Julie J