“very tasty food; poor service”

Gyro House Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #4 of 399 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed January 3, 2014

ate here 1/2/14, for first time. 1:30 in afternoon; about 1/4 tables had customers, so not real busy. Order taken soon after arriving. Waiter somewhat brusque; seemed to be in big hurry. Told him this was my first time in restaurant. My hummus was ready first before gyro; waiter visited with other customers at least 5 minutes while I saw my hummus a foot away from where he was standing. He never did pay any attention that my hummus was ready to be served to me. Another waiter brought hummus to me. Was delicious with warm freshly baked pita bread. I waited another 20 minutes for my gyro; finally asked for it. Was delicious. No employee ever came to my table to ask me if I liked the food. When I prepared to pay my bill, 2 items were added onto my bill that I had not ordered. I reviewed prices on menu. Man taking money tried to find waiter that took my order, but he was nowhere to be found. Was upset with poor service when I left. Would return only for the yummy food, but will brace myself to deal with the negative service, and be very clear about what I ordered.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Waiters are deceptive with add ons to menu items. They ask in a way that makes it sound like the extras are included. You just about have to point at the item on the menu and just say "only that" and state the price. You do not get a ticket, the tables are numbered and when you pay the guy at the register just tells you the total without itemization.

So while the prices, food and portions are great, the aggressive, deceptive wait staff hold the place back from the 5 star status for us. Makes you have to be aggressive back to get "only" what you want.

The lamb gyro is huge and delicious. The hummus plate is also excellent, but when we order it they always ask if we want additional pita bread. Say yes and it is an additional 25% of the cost of the meal. It sounds like it is included. It should be. There is also an extra charge for a sprinkle of feta cheese.

The place is Greek, but there is a Gypsy flavor to the place.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Can't give anything less than a five. Huge tastey gyros, reasonably priced, quick, clean, very friendly and helpful. Their hummus is homemade and great. The N/A beer in a bottle was really good. If there was greek wine served, this place would be a TEN!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have had Gyros at a few places around and this one takes "the cake". It was filled with delicious lamb, tomato's, an amazing sauce and feta cheese. It was so large and heavy!!! I could only eat half of it, but that means I get to enjoy this meal again the next day! I have had both the regular and the spicy sauces and they are both great. I recommend the french fries or the hummus plate also, if you can eat that much, or just share it with your table mates. Fast service with friendly wait staff as well. It is not expensive at all either for the huge amount of a "sandwich" that you get. Go to this place for really good Greek food!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

As I am on the Med diet, I was searching for a good Med restaurant in or near Beaverton where a spend a week a month. Wow...I hit the lucky target with the Gyro House. I had the Veggie Sampler...yummy...all excellent. The pastries at the checkout looked extremely appetizing but I resisted. This place was a good find for me.