“Great food.”

Taste Of Sichuan
Ranked #12 of 389 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Taste of Sichuan Beaverton serves authentic Szechuan style Chinese food. It was established in September 2011. It features live seafood, a chance to observe the dumpling and noodle making process and a wide menu which offers both familiar staples as well as a more daring "Wildside" section.
Edwardsville, IL
“Great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was a sensational meal. There were four of us sharing dishes and we ordered more than we needed because we wanted to try so many of the dishes. It was truly a banquet. Everything was excellent. The smoked duck was extraordinary. The stir fried lamb was also great. Many of the dishes were very spicy but that was what we wanted. Not many fish dishes - those are not a specialty of Szechuan. The service was excellent despite what I've read in some reviews. It's definitely a place where you want to eat family style so that everything is brought to you the instant it's cooked. We will go back when we're next in Portland.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Prescott, Arizona
“Authentic Sichuan Provence food - Don't miss it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

OK, a little disclaimer. My title is based on what my "hosts" said, havbing lived in China for several years. All I can say is that I have never had the variety, quality, freshness or heat of food like this!

I joined them at the table, where they had already ordered appetizers. We had a spicey/sweet cucmber and some sort of quesadilla type of appetiser (see, I told you that my FRIENDS lived there!). Absolutely fabulous - firm cucumbers that had been delicately sliced into thick slices and not too much sauce or oil. It all tasetd fresh and oh yes, spicey!

Dinner was a vegetarian based meal, which was also new for me. We had spicey green beans, fried tofu and several other veggie based dishes. Again, the food was all fresh, with the appropriate "snap" when you bit into it. The spicing, while hot, was not so over-bearing as to make it inedible. In fact, being the novice (despite enjoying hot foods and using a great deal of chilis in my own cooking) I found it all pleasurable and delicious.

The value was exceptional. This will absolutely be one of my "go to's" when I am in Beaverton, or able to sneak out of the city to go here.

• Visited September 2012
“Delicious spicy food! Haven't had Chinese this good in the Portland area for a long time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went on a Sunday night and the place was packed! Food was delicious- we went with my in-laws who are from India and they loved the food, too. Quite spicy, dumplings, black bean fish, lamb dishes were particularly good. Only mild complaint with the service- they were very busy and forgot to bring a high chair, appetizers were brought out out of order, but the food was so good it didn't matter too much. Will look forward to going back!

1,034 restaurant reviews
“Not for Most Caucasians”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

There are hundreds of Cantonese/Hunan/Taiwanese restaurants in the PDX region, but essentially only one Sichuan eatery. Sichuan food is spicy, hot, complex, and challenging and very different from what most people are used to.

I personally think the food is stellar. I love the cold pork belly, ants on a log, shaved noodles, and other authentic Sichuan dishes you can't get anywhere else around here.

What I don't like is that every time I go there, half the clientele consists of white people eating crap like sweet and sour pork and beef and broccoli which are far from the point of this place. Why go to a Sichuan place to order the same crap you get at your favorite mall food court?

As for the service, it's typical frosty China-style and I am fine with that.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Alzor S
Gearhart, Oregon
“Good but not great food with adequate service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

First visit after Oregonian review. Nice reception by host. Excellent appearing menu. Lots of choices, more than most Chinese places. Service was ok but not as attentive as it could have been. We ordered too much but knew it. Pot stickers were large and tasty with tasty sauce. Green onion pancakes unusual but my wife liked it. Kung pao prawns very good. Spicy beef with basil and ginger quite good. Prices reasonable and wine price very good Food was good but not so remarkable we will make a special effort to return.