“Dangerous!!!”

Taste Of Sichuan
Ranked #29 of 390 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Taste of Sichuan Beaverton serves authentic Szechuan style Chinese food. It was established in September 2011. It features live seafood, a chance to observe the dumpling and noodle making process and a wide menu which offers both familiar staples as well as a more daring "Wildside" section.
Portland, Oregon
“Dangerous!!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I ordered food for take out - Chong Quing Hot Chicken and Broccoli Chicken. After I got home I was half way through my meal when I noticed something strange at the bottom of the plastic container. When I picked it up it turned out to be a 1 inch long piece of rusty wire. It was so hard that I could not bend it. I was horrified to think what could have happened it someone had eaten this. It could have literally killed someone. I went to thier website and found thier e-mail. I explained what happened and sent a picture of the object & asked for an explaination. I did not recieve a reply. I have posted the picture of the object in this review. I really don't understand how this could have happened but I really hope it was not intentional b/c they really could have seriously hurt or killed someone. I think it's inexcusable that they didn't even respond to my e-mail or offer an apology!! Also, I was not at all impressed with the food even before finding the rusty metal wire. EATING HERE IS DANGEROUS - DO NOT GO!!!!!

Visited March 2012
7 Thank 52024DavidK

• Korean first
Portland
“Wonderful Food with Great Service”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

With a groupon we went to a new chinese restaurant that was filled with Aisian people! That right there tells you the food must be authentic and good. The portions were large and the good was delicious. They were very busy and still stayed on top of the service. And the staff was very friendly!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank SDFlipFlops
United States
“Surprisingly good. A few operational quirks.”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We decided to try this relatively new Chinese restaurant on the west side of Portland in the Beaverton suburb because of a coupon offer. I was surprised by the wide range of reviews on various websites, ranging from horrible to great. However, given the abysmal choices of Chinese restaurants in the Portland area, we thought why not try this new place?

We ordered the Handmade Pot Stickers which came with what looked like really hot dipping sauce, but actually had no flavor. I wouldn’t recommend this appetizer. The outer wrapper was definitely homemade; the meat filling could use additional ingredients such as water chestnuts, black mushrooms, Napa cabbage and vermicelli to make it more flavorful and less dense. We also had the Dry Cooked String Beans (deliciously tender and flavorful, a tad too much oil) and the Crispy Walnut Shrimp (fresh shrimp with the tail off fried perfectly – not over cooked and tough). I prefer the Crispy Honey Walnut Shrimp version served elsewhere instead of the mayonnaise-based variety served here, but it was still good.

The only service glitch we experienced was having the rice and string beans arrive first. About 5 – 7 minutes later, the pot stickers and shrimp arrived. They definitely need to improve on the timing of which food arrives first. Despite three different waiters serving us, our water glasses were kept full, we were asked if we need anything else, the take-away boxes arrived promptly, and our bill was correct. We never had to wait a long time for anything and the food arrived hot. Perhaps they are improving on their service based on other reviewers’ comments?

We will definitely go back and try a few other dishes. It was surprisingly good and has the potential to be a great Chinese/Sichuan restaurant, a rarity for the greater Portland area!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Urban_Ursine
Puyallup, Washington
“Bring something to occupy your time”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

First and foremost, the food here is absolutely amazing. The egg flower soup has a bit of corn in it and it adds a sweet kick to the soup. The lunch special at $6.95 can't be beat. You can have enough food for two meals, even at lunch. The downside is the service. You will probably see your waiter once during the entire time. If you time to kill, then sit back and enjoy. Try the lemon chicken - pure heaven.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank evergreen17
Portland, Oregon
“Service issues seem to be the norm”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have gone in on four separate occasions, and have yet to be happy with the service. I've gone during lunch, after lunch and gotten take out, and there were issues each time.
I want to go back, but do not know if it is worth the hassle.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank pacafechef

Been to Taste Of Sichuan? Share your experiences!