“Food/Drink Overpriced For The Experience”

Cinetopia Progress Ridge 14
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Beaverton
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Let me first say that watching a movie at Cinetopia is an enjoyable experience and I believe the added ticket prices are worth it, particularly in the smaller parlor rooms.

My problem lies with the quality of food/drink for the prices. I frankly don't mind spending $9-$12 for a glass of wine but at least give me a GLASS of wine, not a shot glass. As for the food, I've had good and bad experiences at Cinetopia but the last experience was much more towards the bad side. The bun for the hamburger was stale and the meat was under cooked. Then be prepared to spend another $2 for any "gourmet" additions you want on the hamburger such as avocado, cheese, etc.

I can't help thinking that Cinetopia tries to make up for the costs of running the place as well as the Groupon discounts by gouging guests with the food and drink prices. I personally would visit more often, even without the Groupon discount, if I felt the total package (movie, food & drinks) offered better value.

1  Thank DJAPDX

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Cinetopia is awesome, with the largest screens and best sound system in the Beaverton area.

My only minor complaint are the chairs, which rock. I rather them lock into place.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I always get GREAT service when I come to see a movie here! I love their bar area and happy hour is always super yummy.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We love the Cinetopia, but wish it had an IMAX. It is so nice to have a class of wine with your movie!!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We watched Iron Man 3 in LR21, and was we're very happy with the experience. The 'in-room' service was good, but they they do charge a significant fee for it. Other than that, the movie rooms are spectacular - movie parlor is a must-try!