“Great sea food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have gone to McGrath's with friends for lunch, and my husband and I have gone there for special occasions like anniversaries or birthdays. One fun thing is that if you tell them it is a special occasion, they take your picture and you get a sundae. I'm a seafood lover and have never been disappointed from salads for lunch to full meals of salmon, halibut or shrimp for dinner. My husband often gets a steak. All meals have been more than satisfactory.

1  Thank Esther O

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one of our regular spots to eat and it's always good! My regular pick are their Fish Tacos with Dirty Rice. A strange name but good and spicy. The Crusted Halibut or Salmon is always delicious too. Whenever they are busy we can usually find room to sit and get served food in the bar area. Never had bad service either.

1  Thank ltzme
Reviewed March 4, 2014

McGrath's is very consistent with food and service. Nice selection of fish and there is something for everyone.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I used to love this restaurant but it has really gone down hill over the last 4 or 5 years. The last 4 times I have eaten there I have been disappointed. Their red potatoes are always over cooked, the fish was so under cooked on my last visit that it was completely runny on the inside. The waitress was AWFUL, she walked away from me when I was talking to her, she seemed to be put out that we were there at all. I was served flat soda which she replaced without a fuss but brought me a second flat soda on my refill which only arrived after we finished our meal. The atmosphere is lovely, the food is dreadful and I am incredibly sad to have to write this because it was always my first choice for date night, special occasions etc. I can't rate it higher than poor for any of the options due to the dreadful food.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We went with the in-laws and normally it is amazing. I ordered the wood fired halibut and it was horrible way over cooked and tough my wife ordered the prawns platter. I think the cook needs to be retrained to cook fish if he is going to cook fish, wewill go back again.