“Outstanding Service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had lunch there. Menu offerings were OK. However, the server was outstanding. He fully understood menu, potential beverage pairings, etc. He anticipated the needs of the guests. He was attentive but didn't hover.

He encouraged me to try something that I would not ordinarily order and it was as advertised.

The restaurant was clean.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We eat here frequently. We love seafood. Their chowder is good, their combo seafood plate, fried shrimp, halibut specials, razor clams, pan fried oysters -- you name, we've never been unhappy. Service is good, friendly staff all around, and restaurant is clean. Endless drinks and great sour dough bread. Four of us ate here again to celebrate two birthdays.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went to McGrath's for dinner on Saturday. They had razor clams on the menu so that is what I ordered. I love razor clams and I was happy they offered them. I should have known better. I don't know what they did to these but they were pounded so thin that they looked like a layer of glue holding two thick piles of breading together. The razor clams were thin, tiny, WAY over breaded, and so over cooked that eating my cars tires would have been easier to chew. After scraping off the tons of breading I almost broke the plate trying to cut through these to get a bite and I was chewing on that one bite for a good five minutes. Very disappointing. The waitstaff were very nice and the service was quick but I go to eat, not to chat with a waitperson.

1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Although this McGrath's is quite a distance from our usual dining area, we went to meet a friend for lunch. The appearance of the restaurant was very pleasing and the staff was most welcoming. The lengthy menu took time to review, but with help from the server, we happily chose from the "Catch of the Day". Fish and chips were described as very good; the grilled salmon was excellent, but the grilled halibut was a little disappointing. We look forward to trying other items in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have eaten at McGrath's several times. We always get a seat quickly and each booth or table gives you privacy and is quiet. Very nice atmosphere. I personally like the BBQ bacon cheeseburger and the clam chowder.