“Don't bother with the "razor clams"”

McGrath's Fish House
Ranked #37 of 390 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Don't bother with the "razor clams"”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went to McGrath's for dinner on Saturday. They had razor clams on the menu so that is what I ordered. I love razor clams and I was happy they offered them. I should have known better. I don't know what they did to these but they were pounded so thin that they looked like a layer of glue holding two thick piles of breading together. The razor clams were thin, tiny, WAY over breaded, and so over cooked that eating my cars tires would have been easier to chew. After scraping off the tons of breading I almost broke the plate trying to cut through these to get a bite and I was chewing on that one bite for a good five minutes. Very disappointing. The waitstaff were very nice and the service was quick but I go to eat, not to chat with a waitperson.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Christina M

Portland, Oregon
“Summertime outing”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Although this McGrath's is quite a distance from our usual dining area, we went to meet a friend for lunch. The appearance of the restaurant was very pleasing and the staff was most welcoming. The lengthy menu took time to review, but with help from the server, we happily chose from the "Catch of the Day". Fish and chips were described as very good; the grilled salmon was excellent, but the grilled halibut was a little disappointing. We look forward to trying other items in the near future.

Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Always yummy”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have eaten at McGrath's several times. We always get a seat quickly and each booth or table gives you privacy and is quiet. Very nice atmosphere. I personally like the BBQ bacon cheeseburger and the clam chowder.

Visited May 2013
“Not as good As it looks”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This place looks nice and casual. service is fast And effective.
I went after the daily special, and chose wood fried snapper. While it was not over cooked, the fish was rather tasteless. The side boiled vegetables and the salad were.... Standard == boring.
This area have better options.

• Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Amazing fresh seafood”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited the Cedar Hills mall in Beaverton, and decided on trying this restaurant. The chalk board lists the days fresh northwest Pacific seafood. The ambiance is comfortable, but not particularly intimate. However, the service is very knowledgeable, and the food is superb. The daily specials are recommended, although the standard menu has some favorites. Given the quality, the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited April 2013