Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton
$129
$92
$149
Fairfield Inn
All reviewskitchen stuffmonth stayfull size fridgebreakfast itemsplenty of parkingchecking inportland areaconvenient locationgordonplumbingupgrades
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It's a good place to stay if you are not picky and you don't look for hotels with breakfast (it has coffee and muffins though). The hotel is 5 minutes from costco and bunch of restaurants.
Room was really clean and staffs were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank May_Malek
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We paid a very good price through Hotwire and for what we paid it was a good value. Check-in was a breeze and we were able to check in early. We really enjoyed the accessibility of the room (`motel-style`) because we brought our little dog with us and it was more convenient not to have to walk through hallways to get outside. Grounds are very well kept and they even have a couple of outdoor grills available to those who want to bbq. (We didn`t take advantage of this feature although we observed other people doing so quite happily.) I`d like to emphasize that everything included was basic, ie. there were NO bathroom toiletries provided (except for 2 bars of soap) but luckily we brought our own shampoo, conditioner, etc. This is contrary to the sign in the bathroom which advertises that toiletries should have been provided (and no, I don`t consider bar soap to be a toiletry.) So if you`re going to stay here, make sure you bring your own. The kitchenette was stocked with the basics, but I would suggest to the hotel that they make a regular inventory of their cutlery because although there were two of us staying in this room, there wasn`t enough of each cutlery to go around. Of course like other extended stay chains, housekeeping is not daily, however I was quite surprised when we were told on our 2nd day that there were no more towels and there wouldn`t be any available until 1pm the next day. Fortunately I brought an extra towel so this was also a non-issue. The hotel didn`t seem to be at capacity so this was unexpected, I`ve never encountered this answer at any hotel I`ve ever stayed at before. Breakfast is `to-go`style, not a hot breakfast, and we didn`t indulge in anything, so I can`t comment.

Overall, we paid a bargain price through Hotwire so we were quite satisfied, but I have to say that if we were to pay full price through the hotel website I would be quite the opposite and might actually seek alternate arrangements. Nothing to discredit this hotel, everyone was friendly and pleasant, but for the FULL value of what would have been charged, we have received much more value for our money at other hotels.

I`d also like to comment that perhaps they should look into lowering their pet fee. This is the MOST expensive place to charge for my pet ($25 per night). If you look at other hotels in the nearby areas the fee is much less. I`m not exactly sure how fees are determined, but my dog left even less of a mess than my husband or I did but he was charged more than we were to stay there. If only for this reason we would not stay here again simply because of the high pet fee.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BCTravelling_bum
Reviewed April 17, 2013

On the surface the room looked clean but this did not last. One is pretty knocked back by the smell anyway on walking in - the stale and pretty toxic old tobacco smell kept us awake it was so bad - and it was a non smoking room. Staff said they were surprised this was the case (perhaps the front desk staff and managers need to go to the rooms then and smell for themselves). The kitchen cupboards had dried food in and we noticed the walls were smeared - not with food...other things that are too disgusting to mention. The pillows stank of unwashed hair and body odour. We asked for room service and they came with fresh linen and a hoover so we spent our first day cleaning the room, hoovering the crumbs off the bed and underneath it. We had to clean every surface and move the furniture finding more old food underneath it all as we went. The mattress protector was also covered in hair - if this was seen when the bed was made why was it not removed and washed? I also had to wash all the cutlery provided which was challenging as there was no plug in the kitchen sink.

This is an appalling state of affairs. Management: if you are going to run a place such as this you need to train staff to clean rooms and when the pillows become old - throw them or wash them.

The room became cosy but only because we busted a gut cleaning it out and spent time and money at the local Fred Meyer buying cleaning detergent and air freshners. As it is this place is not fit for purpose and does not deserve to be taking money off guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank openplatforms
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that we failed to provide you with a room upon check-in that met our cleanliness standards. Your comments have been reviewed by the staff, and we have implemented a thorough inspection checklist to be utilized by the staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. This will of course also include replacing pillows and reporting any scent issues that the cleaning staff cannot remedy, which the maintenance staff certainly can. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to do this during your stay.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sce@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area, and to show you that we really do take your comments seriously.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staying here was a HUGE mistake. Thank God it was only one night. A painful one. First of all when I checked in they told me the internet was not working. That was a problem for me since I had to use it for work. Okay, I decided to stay anyway. (The internet was fixed after a while.) Then I enter the room and it has a terrible smell, they put a lot of deodorizer to cover the smell of food in the room. I use deodorizer in my house, but this was a ridiculous amount. I could not stop sneezing. I opened the door and window and after about 4 hours the smell of deodorizer went away, to only remain the smell of Indian food. Now, I really like Indian food, but I do not like it on my linens while I am trying to have a refreshing and relaxing night of sleep. It is nice in a restaurant, but not in my bed. I complained, but they did not do anything about it. Then there wasn't a single glass in the room to drink water. This is supposed to be an extended stay hotel, there is a full kitchen actually (which I did not intend to use) but there were no dishes and not even a single glass. I called the reception to request one but there was no answer. I think they close at 10pm and it was 9:59 so they were probably gone. There was one coffee mug full of sugar packets which I used to drink water. That was the only kitchen utensil in the room other than some forks and knifes, which of course have no use without plates. Also the kitchen trash can in the room was not empty, there was trash from the previous guest. The heating system is very old and noisy.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Analu777
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Portland - Beaverton/Tech Center.  Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory.  Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is not what we strive for. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay, and the fact that we have missed that mark with you is very disheartening. As the hotel's manager, I can assure you that the issues you have expressed regarding the excessive use of deodorizer as well as the full trash can will be brought to the attention of my housekeeping staff to ensure that does not happen again to another guest. Also in regards to the dishes and utensils being amiss from your room, they are actually located beneath the breakfast bar/dining table, in the cupboard that's nearest to the refrigerator. There you will find plates, bowls, cups, mugs and pots and pans equipped for two people. We understand that it is a rather inconspicuous location, and because of that I ask my staff to communicate the location of our dishes to our guests so that it is easy for them to find it; I sincerely apologize if we have failed to communicate this to you upon your arrival. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better.  Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. We can only hope that you decide to give us another try so that we can make it right with you the next time around. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me via phone or email if you have any questions, comments or concerns, and I will gladly assist you.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have stayed at various different extend stays on business trips and there weren't too many negatives about this one. The only one thing I would say is that the room smelled like a smokers room enough though it was non-smoking. Other than that the room was clean, I stayed here through hotwire so I got a stay rate of almost $40 a night, and for the value it was really good. If you are kind of visitor who just needs the place to crash at night and don't really care about the bells and whistles this is a great stopping point. fairly close to downtown portland and closer to the coast as well as compared to staying around tigard. i think they stock granola bars and fruit for breakfast too but nothing too fancy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wanderinggs
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at the Extended Stay America, Tech Center formally known as the Homestead Portland - Beaverton. First, know we will be treating the room for the odor issue. We will have all items cleaned, including shampooing the carpet, as well as other treatments to eliminate the odor. I am also glad to read that you felt the value was well worth the money spent! Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.