“Great value, great location!”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Rooms are nicely renovated and pleasant. Exterior and grounds are well-kept. Front desk staff was wonderful. Rooms are a klittle smaller than other extended stay americas, but very nice. Bed was very firm, which I am not a fan of. Nice recliner and tv. Was a little dissappointed that most of the channels were ESPN, but didn't spend much time watching. Overall, a really great experience. Will definitely book again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Beaverton - Technology Campus. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. We are glad to know you like our updated accommodations and were comfortable at our Hotel. I wanted you to know that we are re-evaluating our channel line up at all of our locations, based on the feedback we have received from guests like yourself. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The refrigerator and heater / air unit are very loud. I had to turn off the heater and unplug the fridge. The internet has the speed of old dial-up modems. Slow.

There was no shampoo, conditioner, or soap in the room. Apparently the hotel ran out of those items. (I did ask them to grab some from another room, which they did).

The staff was friendly though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 82krose
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the ESA Beaverton Technology Center. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms, but do have them available for our guests at the front desk. There should have been ample soap for you and I sincerely apologize it was not in your room. We should have made our offerings clear to you at check in and for that apologize. Further, I am sorry to hear about your internet connection. We have placed a call to our tech support team to ensure it is operating properly. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we will work dilligently to ensure we explain our offerings to our guests before they arrive. I sincerely hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here for almost couple of months as part of my business trip. The hotel is decent but the beds and couch were all little old. There were renovations happening during my stay and I'm not sure these are getting changed. Like the small cooking area. The location is also good where you'll find lot of restaurants, grocery shops within walkable distance. The hotel is also walkable to the train station which was very comfortable. Overall it was pretty decent stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ArounK
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the ESA Beaverton - Technology Campus. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. The answer is yes, the couches have all been replaced as have our mattresses in addition to making improvements to our kitchen and work space areas! We are also very happy to know you found our location convenient. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The towels smelled a little funny and try counters and television were a little dusty but other than that the place is great. :) it's in a great location and everyone is friendly. I didn't like how occasionally there wasn't anyone at the desk. I would definitely stay here again though. The outside is also kept pretty tidy. :)
Oh and they have nice flat screen TVs. :)

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Hawaii808_2012
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you so very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Extended Stay America Beaverton Technology Campus. I was a little disheartened to read about the towels and the dust and will be certain to address it with the staff to ensure we are providing a clean room to each guest. You have my most sincere apoloy. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable and feedback like your helps us to improve in everything that we do. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to having you back as our valued guest on your next visit to Beaverton.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay here several times a year when I visit family. Even though they have now moved 25 miles away I still stay here. I know it's clean, the beds are comfortable and I like to have the option of making a simple meal in my room. Check in is always a pleasant experience, especially if Dani-elle is on duty. She is very efficient and has a great attitude. Any minor issues I have ever had were taken care of promptly by Dani-elle and now that the property has been renovated there won't be any issues. The flat screen TV's are nice and the beds are very comfortable. I sometimes travel alone and the location feels very safe as well......it's in a business area but there are a few restaurants and grocery stores nearby too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Portland - Beaverton.  Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure.  My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate.   We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.   We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator.  We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guests next time you come to our area to visit your family. It is a true testament of our commitment to exceptional customer service that you are willing to drive the extra 25 miles just to stay with us. I will personally thank Dani-elle for taking such great care of you. Once again, thank you for all of your kind words.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had never heard of this hotel chain before but we knew we got a super rate on Hotwire for one night and thought why not... We were very pleasantly surprised!
We arrived at 10:45pm (regular front desk hours are until 11pm), and were so pleasantly greeted. The front desk lady had our paperwork right there and check in was fast and easy.
When we got to our room, we were happily surprised how modern and renovated it was! Very clean and great looking!
All the regular rooms are a studio suite, so we had a kitchen section of the room as well with a full fridge and microwave and stove top! The rooms are all "motel" style in that you enter from an outside door.
The location was superb! Walking distance to McDonalds, Starbucks, Popeyes, etc And just a short 10 minute drive to almost any type of shopping you could want! And lots of green space on the hotel grounds and around the hotel too. The neighbourhood felt totally safe!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrMrsTravel
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at the ESA Portland - Beaverton. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition of our efforts in both customer service and cleanliness.

"

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Arrived late. No one at the front desk. Waited several minutes. Front desk staff person arrived and provided me with keys. Room was ok, but had dead cockroaches in bathroom. Ants running around kitchen and bathroom area. Room itself was ok, but bathroom didn't have shampoo or soap -- no amenities. Would not recommend this place to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KevinWPNY
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Portland - Beaverton. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

It is my pleasure to respond to your concern about our front desk hours. I regret that we did not successfully communicate our front desk hours to you prior to your arrival. Our front desk operates between 7am and 11pm seven days/week. In the event that our guests need assistance during other hours, we always have on-staff overnight help that can be reached by phone.

As for the issues with housekeeping not following through with our commitment to a clean and comfortable room, we certainly apologize to you. We will most definately use this as an opportunity to further train our staff to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We are greatful to you for bringing it to our attention so we can correct our mistake.