“Best Sushi in the Portland Area”
Review of Sushi Zen

Sushi Zen
Ranked #96 of 392 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Kelso, WA
“Best Sushi in the Portland Area”
Reviewed March 4, 2010

You just can't go wrong here. I have had sushi up and down the entire west coast and this hole-in-the-wall is in the top rank. I think it is the best sushi thatI, personally, have had in Portland. It rivals the best in Seattle. The prices are a steal for this quality. I have been there three times and it is consistently excellent. I'm going again tomorrow. Don't be put off by the strip mall and the small, but spotless, size of the restaurant. Great sushi!

2 Thank lapid8r

Tacoma, Washington
“A Thoroughly Enjoyable Experience”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed eating at this restaurant. The sushi was very reasonably priced. The customer service was excellent. We especially liked the spider roll and the Seattle roll. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great experience at a sushi restaurant.

Orlando, Florida
“Love it!”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

YES YES YES, I would recommend this restaurant. Not only are the prices extremely reasonable, the wife and husband team treat you like family. I was visiting the Hillsboro area, when my friends and I decided to check it out. As soon as we came in we were greeted graciously. Being vegan for the last 4 years, I really did not know what to order. I told the wife/owner that I was vegan, and she acknowledged "no meat, no dairy no egg?" She said don't worry, and in a few minutes the sushi chef handed me this great veggie roll, that was animal free. I ordered another one right after, it was very good! The Sushi Zen accommodates all diets and taste! You can customize freely. It was 3 in our party and the bill totaled $30.00. We were stuffed at the end of our meal, we had 4 different rolls, chicken teriyaki plate w/salad and my friends divided a mousse cheesecake. They had no vegan desserts but the wife/owner brought me some dried apples.

Aloha,Or
“The Nordstroms of Sushi”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

After trying many of the Sushi track restaurants on the west side of Portland we stumbled on Sushi Zen on our way to a movie. We were pleasantly surprised by the vast choices streaming by on the track. The quality is top shelf. The owners are friendly and give great service. Taking second to the quality of the food is the price. What a deal go out and eat for two for $20.00. I know I have spend more money at other places and they did not even come close to the quality of Sushi Zen.

Beaverton
“The Best Sushi Around”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

The plates are very reasonably priced ($1.00 - $2.00), the rolls are even better and have a splash of the owner's expertise with them. You really can't beat the food or the service here... You won't be disappointed and you'll catch yourself wanting to go back for more Sushi Zen.