“Nice But Some Things You Need To Know”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I will admit this hotel is quiet (at least where our room was) and it is nice having a full size fridge and a 2 burner stove (go to Dollar Tree to get a serving spoon, spatula and tongs) as they don't supply them.

We were here for 23 days waiting to move into our new home. I travel a lot for business and I have stayed in hotels that cost less, offer more and are much nicer.

Some things you should know before you book. No pool, no workout room, no room service, no morning paper, no DVD player (the internet doesn't have the bandwith to stream movies), room cleaning is marginal at best and the beds are as hard as a board. A hotel rep said the beds were new and if that is the case, it is quite clear whoever purchased them has never stayed at a Hampton, Westin, HI Express, etc. We had our feather bed in storage so we went and got it, what a difference. The TV channels are another big let down. Mostly ESPN and news. They have Dish Network, why not just open more channels like HGTV, Food Network, CMT, VH1, etc.

My only other complaint is the late night desk person (11pm to 7am) she is quite rude and has no access to the computer so good luck trying to get your folio for an early morning check out.

There are a lot of restaurants and grocery stores close to the hotel. Whole Foods, Safeway, Target. If you like frozen yogurt check out YoZone, they are great. Nice Rice is tasty, Muchas Gracias is good too and there is a great little park behind the hotel to have a picnic.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your in-room kitchen was missing some kitchen utensils and the bed as well as television channels did not meet your expectations. Please know, the bedding and our channels are chosen based on customer feedback. As we continue to make improvements, we will keep your feedback in mind. I will also be coaching our entire staff on how to provide better customer service moving forward. I am very sorry that one of our staff members was rude to you when trying trying to check-out. Still, I am glad that you liked our location and found the hotel to be quiet overall.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at HLL@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Shops and good restaurants within walking distance. Front desk and service folks super friendly and very helpful. Room was very quiet, and the free wifi came in handy. Having a kitchen and full size fridge was terrific!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Nyondo - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that were happy with your stay, plus our location, rooms, free WiFi and customer service. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel has several things going for it: Very friendly staff; quiet location; walking distance to restaurants and a supermarket. I was looking for someplace close to the city government campus, and failed to do a good map recon, so ended up a fair distance away...especially with the really heavy traffic the Portland area seems to have most of the time. That said, I really appreciated staying in a spacious room with plenty of work space, which was also very quiet. Wi-Fi was strong and reliable. I didn't turn on the television, so cannot report its quality. I also didn't cook anything, though I did make a pot of coffee. One downside to the "extended stay" properties is when travelers prepare exotic meals, as the corridor can get a bit stinky when "cuisines collide". This place was no exception, and I did make a game out of trying to guess exactly what was for dinner that night. (I reckoned the various menus consisted of Tuna Fish Curry, Fried Green Tomatoes with Marshmallow Stuffing, Borscht, and Flambé of Microwave Popcorn.)
The staff, especially the manager, were very accommodating and friendly. I really liked not having to explain the whole "federal government tax-exempt" concept when I checked out. If I needed to be staying in Beaverton for a week or so, I would definitely consider returning to this establishment.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that there was an odor filling the hallways. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with friendly service as well as a quiet and convenient location that is within walking distance of restaurants and supermarkets.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for several times now during my one to two week business trips to the area. It offers me all I need: a quiet room for a good sleep, a small kitchen with fridge so I don't have to eat out all the time, and all this at a very good price. And I don't need my room to be made every day, once a week is absolutely sufficient. The rooms are nice and clean and have all I need. The staff is friendly. And the location is perfect for my needs with a short commute to my company and lots of shopping nearby. I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Reto Z
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Reto - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room, the amenities we offered, the hotel location and the staff. We are so happy to hear we are able to provide for you when visiting for business.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is now our second time staying at this Extended Stay location. We have friends in the area that we come up to visit and needed someplace where we could fix our own food. After researching online last Summer we decided to try this place and we were not disappointed then or this current trip. The rooms are clean and the beds and TV have been replaced since our last stay. It is very nicely decorated. They have everything you need in the little kitchen area. The beds were very comfortable. In August we were on the 1st floor and was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was. That room had one large bed and faced out to the West which has a kind of nature walking path area just past the back parking lot. This visit we were placed on the third floor facing East with two beds. The only problem we had was on first night and that was the couple next door. They fought (at least I'm assuming she was yelling at him or maybe she was yelling at someone on a cell phone) off and on from about 8 PM until midnight using foul language. If it had gone on after midnight, we would have called the front desk. They must have checked out the next day as the remainder of our stay (6 days) was quiet. On our stay in August we did notice that the trash was not properly disposed of in a timely manner in the little room that you walk through to get out the South side door and therefore there was always a sour smell in that little room. We did not go to that area this time and hopefully it is cleaned up. This trip the hallway had a garlic, cooking food odor which I assume is difficult to take care of because of all the cooking that people are doing. None of these odors mentioned ever came into our room. The hallway carpet could have been vacuumed more often. I notice that it had not been vacuumed the entire time we were there. But our room had been thoroughly cleaned before we arrived. I also appreciated the new "grab and go" breakfast they had downstairs across from the check in desk. Even though there was a coffee maker in our room I don't usually use them so I would go down and get a cup of coffee and take it back to the room. Everyone we saw at the front desk, including the young man who checked us in, were very friendly as we came and went. If we visit our friends again, we will more than likely stay here again. We are not on Extended Stay America's email list and occasionally receive special offers from them. We took advantage of one of those offers for this latest trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irene D K

Irene - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you experienced issues with the trash and smelled an odor in the hallway. Please accept our apologies. Still I am happy to read that we provided you with great customer service.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here with my son and we had a blast!We watched movies all night and shopped at the nearby grocery store to cook a great meal with the utensils provided.I loved it! Stay here without fear and you will be so happy you did.

Room Tip: Face the front
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Portland - Beaverton - Eider Ct. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the nearby shopping! We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. Sometimes even if it's just watching movies and relaxing. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Reviewed March 13, 2013

There was loud partying in the room next to us until midnight. Then a series of men had loud sex with a woman. The door would slam, then there would be some laughing and talking between a man and a woman. Then bed would bang, the men would groan, then some quiet talking. The door would slam and the shower would run. This sequence of events repeated over and over again until 5:00 a.m. I recommend taking earplugs if you stay in room 222.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GrandmafromWW
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

We have read your review and appreciate your feedback. The staff and I are extremely sorry to hear that you were bothered by noises coming from another room. It is our policy to disband any activities which disturb other guests when it is brought to our attention. It is with deep regret that we were unable to do this for you.

In response to your comments, the staff and I have met to work on communicating better that we are here to help our guests if they are being bothered while at our hotel. As well, we will work to resolve the issue outlined as needed, especially since we will not tolerate illegal activies of any kind.

Again, we are very sorry that you did not have a 100% satisfactory experience while staying with us. Still, we hope you will give us a second chance to show you our redoubled efforts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#4 of 12 in Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton
Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court? Share your experiences!