“Satisfied, no issues”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed for 8 nights here in Apr., 2012.
The interior is modest, but good: carpet on the floor, fairly good bed, clean toilet and kitchen corner. The only thing I missed was a wine glass :-), other than that - good enough, especially for this price.
No problems with sounds from other rooms, like others complained here (maybe I was lucky). They don't provide breakfast, so you'll have to buy something for your mornings. House keeping - once a week, in case for someone this is a problem.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Portland - Beaverton - Eider Ct. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I would like you to know that as of October 15th, we are now serving a "Grab and Go" breakfast with coffee, muffins, oatmeal, fresh fruit and much more. We strive to provide a "home away from home"e xperience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court

Reviewed March 8, 2012

The inside needs a major update. It is dark looking. The rooms are small but that is expected. The walls are thin. The bed is so hard, I considered sleeping on the floor for comfort. The tv is a small 18" with limited channels to about 15 with most of them sports. The remote doesn't work.
The internet is slow but it offered for me to pay for faster service.
Couldn't wait to check out!

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort and make improvements that will ensure your comfort and complete satisfaction.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

After having stayed here some years ago, we booked a room again this vacation. Wendy, the woman at the front desk, was very polite and caring. She gave us a queen room on ground floor that was slightly bigger than the other ones.
The rooms were clean and the kitchenette was well-equipped and all the electrical devices (stovetop, microwave, fridge) were working. We had bad luck with those in other Extended Stay hotels.
There is a laundry room, but it's rather pricy ($2 for washing + $2 for drying). Internet is available for a one-time $4.99 fee, but it's slow (60 kb/s downstream). At your first login you can decide on buying a high-speed package which increases your bandwidth to approx. 250 kb/s. We'll definitely stay here again for our next vacation.

Room Tip: Kings are a lot roomier than queens. Some queens are bigger than others.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank neverco
Reviewed June 11, 2011

When I moved in here with my wife I asked for a change of room, as the room was smelling bad, the receptionist (Wendy) bluntly said NO. She said I am fortunate to have room. As we were new in town and needed a place to stay, we did'nt bother to inform anyone, thinking it must be a bad day for her. Later whenever we would need help, she would insult us so badly that we completely avoided her. I must say the management at the hotel is very desperate to keep someone employed in that position. Please make sure you avoid "Wendy" at anytime. The location is convinient and some other staff is otherwise good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Modest19
Reviewed May 13, 2011

This is my personal opinion based on my subjective experience. My young child and I stayed here for almost 5 months in a king suite.

Pros: Excellent location (walking distance to Safeway, Trader Joe's, Peet's Coffee, Whole Foods, etc.), friendly/helpful staff, well-stocked kitchenette was priceless, good laundry facilities.

Cons: Management (see below), walls a little-bit thin, parking sometimes an issue, security (there is no security or security cameras on premises), TV kind of limited.

I stayed here with my young child for nearly 5 months. Overall, I was very satisfied with the room and facilities. I am a bit of a "clean freak" and so have high standards. I found the rooms to be well cared for and the premises clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. If we needed anything like extra sheets, towels, or toiletries, they provided them. I'll say that one of the important factors I considered, besides cleanliness and price, was the kitchenette. I thought it was very well-stocked and saved us a lot of money in restaurant bills. Of course, this is not a full kitchen but we had everything we needed for our length of time there.

This is sort of a "budget" hotel so the services are limited unless we paid extra. So, for many things it was kind of "do it yourself." Personally, I didn't mind this to save a few bucks. The friendly staff was very helpful in providing us with cleaning materials and changes of sheets and towels so there was never any problem.

What started out as a very positive experience turned into a slightly negative one because of the management. When we first moved in, the manager was a nice woman who was very warm and friendly. The gentleman who took over as manager of the property was also friendly and very courteous and professional at all times; I don't want to be unfair. However, they kept on raising the price on us and changing the rules. For example, when we moved in, it was one price (I forget how much) and we were able to do our own cleaning and what not. Then the management changed and maid service became mandatory and the price increased. Then the price increased again. When I discussed this with management, his answer was basically just "tough luck, I can rent the room for more to someone else."

Eventually, we felt more like just numbers on a spread sheet than long-term guests in a residence. This might be acceptable for someone staying for a night or two, but we had been there for months. I understand that prices increase but just felt like we deserved a little more consideration. We did not feel like valued, long-term guests. The management made us feel like fungible chattel. I want to stress that the management never did anything unprofessional and was never impolite.

I also think that it might be a good idea if they installed some security cameras. We did not have any problems with security during our stay but I can see how it could be a problem in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank travelguyuth
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I have been here for over 4 months, in that time they have: raised my rates without notifying me three times, failed to clean the room adequately several times, locked me out of my room, failed to bill me in a timely manner & forced my to move out of my room into another room on the smoking section (I am a non-smoker) and didn't so much as offer me the use of the luggage cart to move with. My herniated disk really started to ache when I saw it, the day after I moved for 4 hours sitting in the lobby. Wasn't there the day before, or believe me I would have used it.
The hotel help is not bilingaul, there are children running and screaming up and down the halls, and the "premium cable" consist of 5 ESPN channels, 2 showtime, USA, TBS, and local stations. Thats it. The good? They accept large dogs.

Room Tip: stay on the back side
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I was moved to this hotel from one of the Mariott hotels in the area, both funded by my work place of course. It was a huge disappointment. My collegue was depressed for days until we finally managed to convince our bosses to quickly move us to another hotel.
The room is very dark, there is no closet at all, no shampoo, our windows turned to the huge parking lot so we couldn't really open them, when the toilettes had a problem they tried to give us a plunger so that we'll fix it ourselves...
The thing that bugged me the most was whenever I was calling long-distance to my family back home, my neighbours would pound on the thin walls because they couldn't stand hearing me talk I guess - a very very bad experience.
Also the internet was horribly slow and there were some connetion problems for my collegue on her skype phone.
Perhaps if you're looking for the very very basic on a low budget then this hotel is good enough - it was clean at least... But anything more than that - I wouldn't go near it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Patzi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#4 of 12 in Beaverton
Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court? Share your experiences!