“A quick (wine and food) trip to Northern and Central Italy”
Review of Decarli

Decarli
Reserve with OpenTable
Decarli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 440 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Farmington
Transit: Watson and Farmington both offer bus stops within a block of the restaurant. MAX is 3 blocks away.
Description: decarli restaurant is where rustic meets modern. Chef/owner, Paul DeCarli, pulls from his Swiss-Italian roots to create a menu that reflects his heritage as well as combine local Northwest ingredients. Polenta fries with gorgonzola butter, mussels in fennel-saffron cream sauce, and espresso-braised shortribs are just a few of the many "must-haves.” Soaring open beam ceilings with rustic brick walls add to the ambiance of this 1924 historic building.
Reviewed June 22, 2014

But for the absence of a 12th century church, one could almost be in a bedroom community of Bologna, with free street parking and a short walk passing small iconic shops......oh, I do go on!
Then on entering Dicarli, the imaginary journey is reality.....the warm greeting, the rustic brick walls and exposed timbers, and wonderful wall photos of familiar spots in Italy. And the staff is quite competent, always helpful even in unanticipated ways, yet warm and welcoming.
The wine list is a gem, with great local Oregon examples, nice American selections from beyond Oregon's boarders, and an astounding collection of Italian's from which our foursome of enophiles (read wine snobs) found two bottles of nebiolo (grape) from the Lange (in Piedmont Italy where Barolo is). Pasta here is always perfect, and the sauces excellent, and seafood recently swimming, and on each visit always new menus items. But that said, one old favorite is always there, braised ribs with plum sauce, and I gave in to it. Others had pasta and seafood. We of course tasted of each other's plates, and I must say that to me each evoked a different Italian "country side". We aren't big desert people, but what I saw pass by me to other tables looked lovely. Sometimes these essential pieces are present in a restaurant, but timing and rhythm are off, detracting from the experience. Not at Decarli, where I have always experienced a harmonious dining experience, everything flowing beautifully from aperitif to after dinner digestif. A tribute to management and staff. We were there on Monday or Tuesday and every table was full, so need I say do reserve.
Best part, home from our Italian culinary adventure by 9:30 and no jet lag.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My dad and I went with friends who live in Beaverton to Decarli to celebrate his 70th. We are very happy they took us here! The minute we walked in we had a great time from the hostess to the window seat that sat 5, to the service and the food. I don't live in Oregon, but I'm telling people if they are in the neighborhood, they should go!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Let's face it--Portland is a foodie town. There are so many great restaurants to choose from that people in Beaverton often go downtown or the east side for fabulous food. But there is now a good reason to travel to Beaverton for a great meal. Decarli offers a great "Pearl" experience in atmosphere AND in food quality. The menu changes enough to keep things interesting but the favorites remain on the menu. The quality is consistently outstanding as is the service.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

When my husband and I can sneak away from parenting duties, this is my first choice for an upscale (yet very hip) dining experience. The food is fresh, unique and consistently delicious. The desserts are amazing. The service is always professional. The owners are wonderful. And I don't have to pay for downtown parking! I have never had a bad meal here. Just be sure to make reservations on the weekends. This place is not a secret anymore.

1  Thank hapunagirl
Reviewed May 12, 2014

They have a great happy hour if you can get a seat. Very good food and service. We had the hamburger, which was cooked perfectly, fries and salad. All tasty and reasonably priced for a happy hour.