“We had a great experience!”
Review of Decarli

Decarli
Reserve with OpenTable
Decarli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 390 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Farmington
Transit: Watson and Farmington both offer bus stops within a block of the restaurant. MAX is 3 blocks away.
Description: decarli restaurant is where rustic meets modern. Chef/owner, Paul DeCarli, pulls from his Swiss-Italian roots to create a menu that reflects his heritage as well as combine local Northwest ingredients. Polenta fries with gorgonzola butter, mussels in fennel-saffron cream sauce, and espresso-braised shortribs are just a few of the many "must-haves.” Soaring open beam ceilings with rustic brick walls add to the ambiance of this 1924 historic building.
Gearhart, Oregon
“We had a great experience!”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The atmosphere isn't great. On a Tuesday it was crowded and noisy. One can't criticize success though. Server Tamera was attentive. We hadn't been there before. She made good suggestions. Drinks and wine reasonably priced by Portland standards. Mixed results on food but I see that as a matter of taste. We will be back. It was recommended to us. We will recommend it to others.

Beaverton, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Need Reservations...”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

My husband and I have patroned this restaurant for Happy Hour once before, and we were pleasently surprised. We wanted to take our daughter out for a celebration dinner, and she made the reservations on the website (OpenTable) for a table @ 8:30PM on Friday night. We arrived on time, and were asked to WAIT. We waited, and waited. We made a decision that if we were not seated by 8:45PM we would leave. After 8:45PM had past, we were ready to leave, that's when the hostess offered us almonds. WHY MAKE A RESERVATION!!! We're only a table of 3!!! There were tables that could have been moved from the bar area to accommodate us, but to offer us up some almonds just as we were leaving! I think they need to rethink their OpenTable reservation requirements!!! Will we try again??? We'll have to wait and see, but for now it's just Happy Hour, since you don't need reservations for that!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank MOMEOW
Portland, Oregon
“A good find in Beaverton”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Pleasently surprised to find this place last night. The food was very good, the service was prompt, but not great. We were not offered bread (which I do enjoy nibling on while waiting), the salads came out very quickly, even before we got our drinks. One thing I think they could change was the Caesar salad. I have eaten many a good Caesar, but if I think the airlines did a better job on it, then they really do need either a new receipe or have a second chef check the dressing to make sure it was made properly before sending it out.
Aside from the salad, the rest of the meal was genuinely a treat.
The volume was medium to loud, but not so loud that we could not carry on a conversation across the table.
I am looking forward to eating here again soon.

PDX
“Most consistent restaurant I've EVER been to”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Decarli is my number one go to restaurant in all of Portland, because, in the 3 years my husband I have been going to decarli, we've NEVER had a bad meal. Never.

Sometimes the crowds make it hard to get great service, and it's not the most intimate place (unless you request and get a prized window seat) but the food is consisently incredible. Must have items:

Mussels with safron , pernod, and cream
Polenta Fries with Gorgonzola Butter
Casuela with onions, goat cheese and tapenade

Cesar Salad
Beet Salad

Gnocchi with fontina cream and truffle oil
Braised Short Ribs with Spaetzle
Cowboy Steak

(seriously... I eat here at least twice a week)

They used to have breakfast....and it was fabuloso....I pray they bring it back.....

Oh, and the Happy Hour? Forgettaboutit!! But come early, because there are now lines outside starting at 4:15 for a 4:30 open

I don't know how this restaurant makes #5 in Beaverton, because I would put it in the top 3 of all of PDX.....

Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Quality Italian in Beaverton”
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Our family loves quality Italian food, we were regulars at Assiggio back when Daryl was in the kitchen. My wife and her sister dined at Decarli shortly after they opened a year of so ago and came away unimpressed. We subsequently heard good things from friends so decided to try again shortly after New Year's. Great Idea! An outstanding onion / goat cheese / olive appetizer. Very tasty salads and for a main we had a nicely prepared seafood pasta - al dente on the noodles, large chunks tasty seafood. Our daughter went with the Oregon white truffle gnocci, also an excellent choice. But the real highlight was dessert. The tiramisu was simply unreal, easily the best I've had. If you're looking for good, interesting Italian in Beaverton try Decarli.

1 Thank AMG4RPM