“Thai but”

Ranked #179 of 442 Restaurants in Beaverton
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This restaurant occupies the site of a former Thai Orchid which was excellent. The restaurant furnishings are identical but the food is not. It is a lonely place now. Much of the business seems to be take out. We had the entire place to ourselves but were outnumbered by the people waiting for take out. Still the service was an after thought. The food was just okay. Generous portions but the flavor was run of the mill. The best we had was the Tempura Veggies which had a nice assortment and was not oily and served with a tasty sauce. The waitress did not even ask if whether we wanted spicy or not. Everything was bland. The ice tea was excellent. Would not bother again as there are so many others to choose from.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I grabbed some takeout from this restaurant a while back spur of the moment and it was decent (restaurant looked nice while i was picking up my food), so I thought I would try dining in. Big mistake! This is very much a takeout only place. After we were seated, no one came to the table for at least 10 minutes, not even to provide water and apologize for the wait. Keep in mind that the restaurant was barely 1/3 full, so this seemed really inexcusable. After someone finally took our order, it was another 10 minutes before we got water at the same time as drinks, one of which was not correct. When the food arrived 15 minutes later (so that's 35 minutes after we were seated for those who are counting along), we finally got the drink corrected. And the food, while decent (as before when I got takeout) in no way made up for the service. Bottom line, if you are in the area and need Thai takeout, go for it, but do not eat in at this place.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have been visiting Thai Cabin since May 2010 except for some break in 2010 when I was away from this city. In this much time, I have visited with friends, colleagues and wife and have tried varied dishes. The quality of food has never been any different and only gets better! Though I am pure vegetarian, my friends who eat meat tell me it's been always great. I would highly recommend their Tom Yum Soup, Pineapple fried rice, Basil fried rice and any of green/red/yellow curries.
Ambiance point of view it's a wonderful spacious at the same time gives a homely feeling. The Waitress has been very helpful and pleasant. I love to go to this place every-time for a nice and relaxing experience.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I love this place. My husband and I go all the time and we get take out. My favorite dish is the cashew nut chicken. He usually gets the pineapple fried rice. I have probably eaten here 20 times and never had a bad experience. They have a pretty large menu and lots of things to choose from. I also like their Tom Yum soup.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook