“Great place to spend a week”

Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Dickinson, ND
“Great place to spend a week”
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Large room (king bed) with very large bathroom, lovely fountains and gazebo surrounded by flowers, comfortably heated outdoor pool and hot tub, good food, friendly staff, and adequate wireless internet connection - all just 15 minutes from downtown Portland. Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
mbauer97225
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I recently came down with a cold and our heat was not working in our house. It wasn't going to be fixed for at least another day and I could not live in a cold house, and be sick. Plus, I didn't want to pass the cold on to the rest of the household. Luckily I didn't have very far to go for a good nights rest. I had left work early because all I wanted to do was sleep and feel better. I went to the Shilo and asked for a room. When I approached the desk both the manager and the front desk customer service smiled and asked what they could do for me. The were both so helpful and gracious. Check in took only a few minutes and I was off to my room for wonderful rest. The room was clean and comfortable. I couldn't have asked for a better alternative to my own bed and home. I felt so much better the next morning. I enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning. Before checkout I went back into the room to lay down and relax before I went back to my house to deal with the hvac repair.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Oregon
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Stayed here for one night while I was visiting friends on the west side of Portland. My room was in one of the older buildings at the back of the property facing the pond. There was no security in the building until after 10 PM. In other words, you could gain access to the building from the outside without a room key. Kind of creepy at night when I arrived, as this building seemed empty. The room and the bathroom were both very large but dated. The carpet was worn, the TV was very small and the in-room coffee was cheap. Also the heating unit in the room was off when I arrived, and it took about an hour for the room to warm up. I think they do have nicer renovated rooms at this hotel. I would make sure and ask for a renovated room at this hotel. Overall, for the condition of my room I did not think it was worth the $110 price.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank mrd22
Portland
Reviewed February 12, 2009

This was the first time that I stayed in the hotel. I was not impressed at all. To be brutally honest, i was very disappointed. The General Manager was very rude, and started a argument with me after I wanted to switch rooms due to the first room i was in was very dirty. My reservation was for 7 nights, but after being treated with no respect at all by the Manager i decided to leave after the first night.
I do not recoomend this hotel to any one, because it is appearant that the staff does not care at all about their guest.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank simplegirl92
portland, or
Reviewed February 3, 2009

I just stayed the night at the Shilo Inn in Beaverton, OR. l am thrilled with the personal attention I received. I live in the area and pass the hotel everyday. I am going through an extensive home remodel and needed a vacation from my house for an evening.

My room had recently been remodeled and I am thankful for the rest, comfortable bed, and calm atmosphere my room provided. I woke up rejuvenated and almost looking forward to going home to my remodel.

I was pleased by the cleanliness of the room and the immaculate hotel grounds. I enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast in this morning.

I'm having family out in a few months and will definately feel comfortable getting them rooms at the Shilo.

I believe in helping local businesses and wanted to do my part to spread the word.

• Liked — The clean room.
  • Disliked — not sure.
  • Stayed February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank absolutesherm
Veneta, Oregon
Reviewed October 15, 2008

I booked this hotel because it was close to where I was going in the morning and I have been happy with previous stays at different Shilo Inns. I was very disappointed with this one though. FYI, I don't consider myself very picky when it comes to hotels - I don't ever stay in "ritzy" places.
To begin with, my husband called twice to make sure they would have a crib for our infant son set up in our room since we would be arriving fairly close to his bedtime which they assured us they would along with sheets for it. At check in they said it was already set up, and when we got to our room, no crib. Tried to call the front desk and the line was constantly busy. Had to call on our cell phone to get through and they told us they would bring it right down. Over an hour later a crib finally arrived but he was already asleep; it was a "pack and play" with no sheet. Asked the maid for a sheet, she was obviously annoyed, and she did not arrive back for over another hour. It really did not matter that she even brought a sheet since when we opened the "crib" the mesh had holes in it and it was filthy. There was no way we could put our son in it but we did not feel like waiting another hour to get a different crib that was probably just as disgusting.
As for the rest of the room - the carpets and comforters were dirty and it was just plain dark and dingy. There also seemed to be a spider infestation as we killed 4 very scary looking spiders in the 14 hours we were there.
The breakfast was pretty good in the morning, but there were issues in the restaurant also. There were only 4 other tables occupied when we arrived at 8AM, but almost every unoccupied table still had the previous guest's plates sitting there. No tables were cleared while we were eating either. By the time we left there was nowhere for anyone to sit.
I would never stay here again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank breezie87
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 19, 2008

We stayed here for 6 nights in August, and then another night in September of 2008.
I began staying at this hotel many, many years before it became a Shilo Inn...like over 40 years ago! It used to be called Nendel's, and we had many family functions there over the years.
Fast forward to the present....the location is very convenient...near freeways, shopping, and most any other services one would need. Yes, it is a bit "dated" in it's decor; but all is all, I think it's a very good choice. The beds are very, very comfortable; and most of the rooms are very spacious. The newer rooms in back around the pond & gazebo are off the street and quiet, though a bit of a hike to the front office/dining room/bar/exercise/pool area. The rooms closer to the street are closer to the above mentioned facilities, but a bit noisier and older. There is a free hot breakfast with 3 nice choices, or you can order off the regular menu with a price reduction on the stated prices.
We had a medical emergency while we were there that involved a 911 emergency call and aid car transport to a nearby hospital. The staff was excellent at immediately coming to our room and waiting to direct the paramedics to the correct room.
I would, and plan to, stay there again whenever I'm coming down to the Beaverton area.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Distance from our room to the hotel amenities
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family