“All fine except for cold restaurant”

Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
“All fine except for cold restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

The room was fine. Staff was quite courteous.
Free breakfast is included but the restaurant was freezing during my stay in January. Even next to the fireplace, which was gas and did not seem to throw off much heat, needed to wear a heavy jacket and ski hat.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Dick802,

Thank you for commenting on your recent experience. I sincerely apologize for the cold conditions you experienced in The Mark Restaurant and will follow up immediately.

Gary Sorrels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Stevenage, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Loved the grounds but beware if you struggle with slopes as the whole hotel is set across a steep slope. They do their best with steps and grab rails etc but it is pretty steep. The room was pretty dingy. The room was not bad for the money and the location was handy for portland although surrounding area was pretty quiet. Should also note it was a pretty grey couple of days which never does a room any favours in terms of natural light.

Breakfast was interesting. Lovely breakfast room and basically you could have a few of the basic items off the menu included in your room rate or have $3 off a main menu item. The included items were worth far more than the $3 off anything else so I would recommend sticking with the included items, although choice is limited. The level of service from the breakfast staff was superb.

Overall was good value for money and suitable for our needs, but cannot imagine us spending any great length of time there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BLWORLDTRAVELS
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear BLWORLDTRAVELS,

Thank you for your review and for being a valued Shilo guest. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to read your observations and to pass them along to the Beaverton team.

Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

One of the first things I do with a trip is look for hotels in the area and read the reviews. But, you never know how it is going to be for you. I was so glad that all the reviews were positive. Great room. Clean, my # 1 thing. Comfortable beds and GREAT breakfast. Not just a bagel and juice. Eggs, hash browns and toast. Really good. This place will be our choice from now on when we visit family!

Room Tip: We stayed in the back for quiet and it was. We were 1st floor ask for no one above.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Kal O,

Thank you for being our valued guest. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to passing it along to the team.

Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

First of all let me state the positive. My wife was in the hospital (OHSU) for surgery and they do have a hospital rate. The area is beautiful. Wi-Fi service was good. The complimentary breakfast I had was good, but the choice was very limited. Seemed like they really wanted to push the $3 off their regular prices more. While the room was good sized and appeared to be clean, it was definitely dated. The bed appeared to be a hold back from the 60's. Less than comfortable would be an understatement. Some of the desk and restaurant staff was friendly and polite while others seemed ho-hum and not really enthused about their job. With a little updating, consistency and staff training I believe this place has potential,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruce M
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Bruce M,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to provide valuable feedback.

I apologize for any ho-hum attitudes that you may have received. I will review your comments with the team at our next staff meetin. Also, I understand your comments regarding our dated appearance. We do have some renovated rooms and hope to get more renovated in the near future.

Thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to serving you in the future.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Location is great, close to zoo, Washington Square, city centre. The room was however not good for the money. Bathtub wasn't draining, pool not cleaned, cockroach roaming around the tub. Breakfast included was minimal. We ended up getting our own. I would have have appreciated a buffet style breakfast much more.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Gugoigor
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Gugoior,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Your comments regarding the bathtub not draining have been reviewed with maintenance. I apologize that you found a bug in your tub and that our seasonal pool was closed. Your comments regarding breakfast will be reviewed by corporate food & beverage.

Thank you for being a valued Shilo guest.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are clean, but very outdated. Bed was the worst ive slept on in a long time. Tossed and turned all night. The breakfast was wonderful! Great food! I dont think i will ever stay here again. My daughterjust moved to Beaverton and i plan to travel here alot! Think i'll find a better hotel next time.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank klasmom
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Business travel brought me to Portland and the location of the hotel for the western Portland work was excellent. The grounds are lovely, the staff welcoming, and the room very comfortable. A full breakfast was included in the modest room rate. Only complaint was the intermittent breaks to the free wireless in my room. I will stay here on my next trip, however.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Queenbee0301,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I sincerely appreciate your feedback.

I apologize for your wireless experience and will personally review this with maintenance.
Thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to your return.