“An oasis at a difficult time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton

Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
ustravelermom
“An oasis at a difficult time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We traveled to Beaverton for the Memorial service of a dear friend. We usually visit these friends while traveling in our trailer, so weren't sure where to stay for a fast trip with the entire family. I found a good deal on price and it had good reviews, so we decided to stay. What a blessing it was to have a clean, quiet place to stay. We live in the country, so Portland is a very busy, loud place to us with lots of traffic, yet our room and the entire hotel was very quiet, even on the weekend when it was quite full. We were busy helping family and friends with meals and such, so it was nice to return each evening and rest comfortably. Our room was fairly spacious. Beautiful trees outside our window. Comfy beds. Helpful staff. We got a rollaway, with no extra charge. We ate a huge breakfast every morning as our other meals were a little irregular. Staff would come and ask us at the table if there was anything else we needed. The front desk person looked up a ton of information about different places we were trying to find. I've already told several friends and family to stay here as many of them are traveling to Oregon in the next few months.
Only suggestion I have is that the pool was too tightly enclosed with no air circulation. My kids begged to swim one evening. My eyes were already bothering me due to allergies and the chlorine in the AIR was enough to sting your eyes. There wasn't even a window to open to get fresh air. That is a very minor complaint. Other than that, and of course, the sad reason for our trip....the stay was perfect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ustravelermom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed only one night in this hotel after a long journey from Asia. In fact the choice of hotel was made based on proximity to a customer I would be visiting whilst in the area. This is a clean and comfortable hotel. The rooms are modest, the mattress soft, in fact almost too soft. Somewhat unusually for a US hotel there was a fridge in the room, the hum of which (if I had not been so tired might ) might have distrubed my sleep. The bathroom was on the small side however again it was clean and the water nice and hot. There is a small gym with one running machine and two eliptical trainers. Breakfast is a self service style with an adequate selection to start your day, including some fruits.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

The location was great, the facility was good, but the service was not professional, at all. We stayed for total of two nights in the hotel and during our stay we could smell unpleasant essence in the air. I thought: it must be the ventilation. I didn't approach the situation hoping to be something temporary. The next day we were out the whole day, again during the night hours the problem returned. It drove us crazy., but in the morning we figthereof out: there was a leakage! That morning it was obvious, because no yet had taken a shower and the wet spot confirmed the reason for... Now, personally I believe that issues may arise, however in the hospitality industry it's not really the issue, even though super unpleasant, but how the issue was handled, and in our case it was not. The manager - Michael Taskinen was sympathetic, but when he offered the funny sum of $20 discount i thought - Seriously! He asked me how come I didn't approach the problem the first night and how come I didn't figured out the issue! I explained: i am not a technician and we though of it as a ventilation issue! The staff should have approached the problem when cleaning the room and advise management of the problem, not ignored it. They must be trained to spot on problems in the rooms, not disregard them. Our weekend was beautiful and Portland, the restaurant & the nature, but I will never return to this hotel, not because of the facility, but beacause of the customer service, which in today's world is crucial.. When there are so many options! This is not comment of anything else, but a note to reinforce better training of staff who I am sure will become better in the future.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank MonaVee
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Liked this place. Very friendly and helpful staff. Mini-fridge in the room was a nice surprise. Good free wifi. Lots of parking. Limited channels on the TV with only a so-so picture. Nice big main room. Bathroom area was a bit cramped and dark. AC worked great, if a bit noisy. Excellent maid service that worked around our odd hours. Full health club right across the street with a 1/2 off day-pass arrangement, if you don't like the tiny fitness room at the hotel. Belgian waffle makers in breakfast room. Ice down the hall. The towels need to be replaced with brand new ones as they've been washed so many times they feel hard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MichaelSeattle2012
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed here for three nights during a business trip. The beds are incredibly comfortable, the room stayed at the temperature I set it to be. The room was clean. The only problem I had was that I had made sure the first night that the alarm was not set on the bedside clock. I woke up to my own alarm the next morning perfectly fine. So, I assumed that it would stay this way. However, the next morning at a prompt 6am (2 hours prior to my alarm) the radio blared on to a spanish channel. Im not sure if the housekeeper accidentally turned the alarm on while cleaning or was listening to music. Either way, it was upsetting. Also, two days in a row I received phone calls to my room at 7am. I didnt answer either time, as there was no one I know who was going to call me there.

It was close to where I needed to be every morning and easy to get in and out of. Also very easy to find. Will most likely be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are a single female traveler, make sure to ask for a room on a higher level floor. I was pla...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TaliaT
Here
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

The room was nice. The bed was excellent! No microwave or mini-fridge in the room and ice was two floors up from where we were. The towels were very thin and rough. Had to go pick up my extra towels and pillows myself. Other than that little thing, the staff was really friendly. Loved that they had automatic doors at the front. I'd tell you what we thought of the free breakfast but the bed was so comfortable, we slept through it! I wish we could give a "Good" rating. It's above average but the lack of fridge and microwave and towels stop it being a "Very Good" for us.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

The staff were very friendly. This made things better - BUT...

The room was below par. I always ask for foam pillows and did not get one this time, bed was a bit hard for some reason, and there was a dirty towel on the back of the door in the bathroom... LOL, I was there two nights and the towel remained in place for my entire stay.

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite who stayed 107 nights last year... So I generally like Marriott brand hotels. This one was just a little off.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business