Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
All reviewsfront deskhour fitnessbusiness centerhilton gardennice hotelomeletbusiness tripcomfortable bedsweet tomatoeswould stay here againbreakfast buffetnice stayconvenient locationcookiesplenty of parkinghgilobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2007

Stayed here for a business conference for three nights. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff was quite pleasant. The on-property restaurant Charley's is great. The food is really good. The continental breakfast is above average, but the hot breakfast is well worth the $10. They have made to order French Toast (delicious), Belgian Waffles, Omelets, Pancakes, as well as the buffet style scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, toast, etc.

If you don't like noise, stay away from the rooms behind the elevators. We stayed in room 223 and it was contantly buzzing (heavy electrical gear sound) with elevator activity, noise of water running in the drains in the wall in the corner of the room, vending and ice machines. With two business men who weren't in the room a lot, it didn't bother us. Our view out of the room was directly onto the roof looking at all the HVAC equipment.

The room was a spacious and well appointed. I woke up with an aching back every morning. There is free in room internet access (not wireless). The hotel offers free remote printing to the business center and it works well.

There is an indoor pool, although it is probably only useful for children to play in. It is very small and the deep end is only 4 feet. Its not big enough to swim laps. There is also a hot tub. The area was very clean.

The fitness room has two treadmills, a weight machine, a stair stepper machine and eliptical machine. Pretty decent equipment and the room was big enough. The only problem was it was really hot in there and you couldn't adjust the thermostat. There was a large TV and large windows looking out to the pool.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank Utah8
Reviewed March 25, 2007

I was staying at the Hilton Garden Inn during my frequent trips to Beaverton, OR primarily because I'm a Hilton Honors member and felt like I should be getting some benefit from travelling on business. Hotel never really attempted to make my experience pleasant. That changed on my last vist in early March, which was my first stay in about five months. Not sure if there is new management, but I could tell things had taken a definate turn for the better. First, my hotel room preference was honored , even though I checked in very late (in the past, I would have gotten the accessible room on the first floor next to fitness center). Second, all the bells and whistles I receive b/c of my Hilton Honors membership were provided without me having to ask. Third, my room was very clean. Fourth, I was greeted by name when I checked in and out. All in all, a much better stay.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank OOBDC
Reviewed January 10, 2007

My husband and I traveled to Beaverton for business, and really enjoyed our stay. The check-in was very quick, and the service was great, along with some delicious cookies :-) at the front desk. Hilton Garden Inns always have a pantry, and that has often been appreciated as we have usually forgotten something or just have the late night munchies.

We had breakfast there at the restaurant, and the selection was overwhelming. And everything I tasted was good. Later that night, we had some okay nachos while watching the Seahawks playoffs. I'm sure there are other dishes that are better.

The bed was pretty hard, but the bathroom was good. I really like the adjustable shower head.

As for the internet and business center, hook up was easy and the business center was very well stocked. I was able to print from my room. However, I couldn't figure out how to print a webpage, nor could I send emails from Outlook.

Overall, it was a great experience, and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank enksemail
Reviewed October 15, 2006

I thought this was a nice value. Front desk staff very helpful and polite. They had some cookies at front desk in early evening. There was coffee in the lobby in the morning. There was a free weekday paper. Bedding comfortable, good housekeeping service. We did not use exercise/pool facilities but they looked nice. Warning: if you get a queen bed with sofabed room, make sure the room you get assigned has a sofabed. Initially I got a room with just a chair. Front desk promptly fixed this. Got good rate with AAA discount.

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn around 9PM towards the end of the Labour Day long weekend. We paid $75.05 (AAA rate) and stayed in room 231, a king bed room.

The room was clean and spacious. The floral bed cover and the dark motif of the room seemed dated but the outside grounds were well manicured and maintained. Chain restaurants are located conveniently nearby. Amenities included a swimming pool and fitness centre that I did not get to use but at a glance, looked clean and modern. The room offered free DSL and free remote printing to the business centre downstairs which was convenient and useful.

Check out was a breeze at the Hilton Garden Inn. If the statement met with the guest's approval, just press the Zip-Out Check-Out button on the guest room telephone. Your account was automatically checked out and you were free to leave the keys in the room. Easy!

The hotel was conveniently located for shopping at the Woodburn Outlet Center. We also shopped at the nearby Washington Square.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple