“Great Value”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Value”
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We stayed in Beaverton one night on our way to the coast. We chose this hotel because of the location to some of the local shopping malls and we wanted to get the shopping bug (no taxes in Oregon) out of the way before we hit the coast for some R & R. The Hilton Garden Inn was perfect for this. It is only a 15-20 minute drive into downton Portland and less to Washington Square or Tanasbourne Centre. On top of the location you also get a nicely appointed hotel with the friendliest staff you will find. The rooms were clean and large, the business centre had all your computer needs so you don't need to bring your laptop, the exercise room and pool were small but adequate and the $10 breakfast was well worth the money. We will definately stay here again.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank kevincognito

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Seattle, WA
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Wonderful staff at this Hilton Garden Inn made our stay here for three nights in May 08 enjoyable! Loved everything about this hotel. Clearly the best lodging in Beaverton!! Clean, great food, nice people! Very quiet relaxing location. Will stay here again if ever in Beaverton again.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mojopup
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 23, 2008

This was a return stay for us at the Hilton Garden Inn. We were pleased with our initial stay here in August 2007. Beds were comfortable, nice amenities, convenient location, business center, friendly staff, etc. This stay was a bit different. Staff wasn't as friendly, toiletries weren't replenished, we encountered people with open alcoholic beverages in the elevators and hallways. Once management became aware of our concerns, they immediately addressed them. We were pleased with their customer service commitment. We will definitely give them another try.

Be sure to get their room and breakfast package. It's cheaper if you get the package deal rather than buying breakfast separately at their restaurant.

Restaurants within walking distance - Sweet Tomatoes (salad bar, homemade soup buffet) and Elmer's. Shopping for everything you can think of is about 2 miles away at Tanasbourne.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hallway and adjoining room noise can easily be heard
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank lehua
San Clemente, California
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I have stayed at this particular Hilton Gardens hotel many times, and
never had a bad experience. I got used to the super service, and have
since been to other HGI's, and have found that some are not quote to this level (although still very nice). I would definately go back again, as well as reccomend to others.

• Liked — rooms, staff, breakfast
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank timshuwy
The Great Northwest
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We stayed 1 night on the weekend. Very nice hotel. Big comfortable room,friendly staff and an excellent made to order breakfast all for $94. Really a good deal. We will definetly stay there again when in the Portland area.

• Liked — Quiet and clean
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Notchyone
Virginia
Reviewed August 7, 2007

My reservation was booked and confirmed directly with the hotel which was the host property for the 2007 Sports and Pediatric Symposium at the Nike World Campus. My Hilton honors number was utilized at the time of this booking. When I checked in around 10 p.m. I carted my luggage up to the fourth floor room only to find out that both keys would not open the door. I went back downstairs where the keys were re-programmed and I once again returned to the room. Immediately upon entering the room there was a significant odor of smoke. I returned downstairs (third time) and inquired if this was a smoking room. I was told that it was. I indicated that when my reservation was made and later confirmed I stated I had to have a non-smoking room. Furthermore my Honors profile indicated non-smoking as well. The clerk indicated that no other rooms were available. Consequently, I indicated that I would have to find other accommodations elsewhere. I had to ask the clerk if she could find me another room close by and she stated that the only room she would be able to find would be in Portland (some distance away) at the Embassy Suites and would be $169 per night as opposed $109 that the Hilton was providing conference attendees. After making several phone calls myself I found a Spring Hill Suites approximately 3 miles from the Hilton Garden Inn however the rate was more expensive. Throughout this fiasco I was surprised by the lack of concern or assistance offered by the hotel clerk. Additionally, I do not understand that if my preference was made with the hotel at the time of booking,later confirming by telephone and having my Honors profile how all of this could be disregarded.
Additionally, I spoke with other individuals that did stay in this hotel and carpet cleaning was occurring during this period of time and many had to leave their room while it was being claimed.
What a bad experience!!!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank chirodr2
Reviewed June 21, 2007

This hotel is located in suburban Portland; Beaverton to be specific. The hotel is located just off US-26 (The Sunset Highway) and provides easy access to downtown Portland (approx. 10 -15 minutes) and about one hour to the Ocean Beaches. The hotel is located in a business park area and only about a mile or so from shopping and restaurants in nearby Tanasbourne. Rooms were comfortable and spacious and the front desk provided friendly and professional service. There is a full service restaurant in the hotel which offered a breakfast buffet which was quite good; including cook to order omelettes. The restaurant was always busy at breakfast, though dead at dinner. The hotel had a pantry with a limited selection and a complimentary business centre.

• Liked — The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good.
  • Disliked — A little isolated location wise