“Good hotel with friendly staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Portland, Oregon
“Good hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Typical Hilton Garden Inn experience - which means very good to me. Friendly staff who were very welcoming. Rooms and the bathroom were clean and spacious. Location and the neighbourhood was good. $10.95 buffet breakfast with custom made Omelettes was a great deal. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husban and i statyed in this hotel for 2 nights. The staff in the hotel was not very welcoming. It was hard to see any facial expression, not mention a smile. The room was average; the spa was small and not very clean.

I left my Samsung Pad Charger in the hotel room after checking out. I tried to contact the hotel several times. I was able to speak with a person only once and was told that they couldn't find it. I was put to the voicemail of person in the Lost and Found department twice, but nobody every contacted me. I am very disappointed at the service of this hotel.

I am glad that i didn't leave my diamond ring there. Will never go back

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Traveller2012107
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy, but it is comfortable and extremely clean. The all you can eat breakfast buffet for $10.95 with some items cooked to order is an incredible bargain and the staff of this hotel bent over backwards to accomodate every single request. The nicest people ever!

Room Tip: I was traveling with my teenage son. We got the king sized suite, which was wonderful because it wa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed with the Hilton Garden Inn at Beaverton. When we arrived late (which we notified the front desk earlier that we would be coming in late), they gave us the keys, we were almost ready to open the door when the front desk woman came running up saying they switched us to another room. When we got to that room, it was saturated with the odor of burnt popcorn, the window was open so we knew the hotel knew the odor was present. We thought we would get used to the stench but it was bad. The next day (since we got in late), we let them know and they said they would send someone up with some spray.... we we got back and it seemed to be worse, we then went and got our own spray deoderizer (Frabreeze) and sprayed the room which helped. The question I raise is, WHY would the front desk put paying customers in a room they knew had a smell of burnt popcorn. Just because of that I will probably go stay at your competitor any time I am in need of a hotel room and will not recommend your hotel to others. And that's why I am posting here, so others may choose to go elsewhere as well. I have stayed at the Garden inns on previous occasions with good results but this time was one of the most unpleasant stays I have had. Please make sure they don't do that to other paying customers and I hope the policy of "Make it right" policy stands where if my stay was not a good one the company would make it right.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TG_Pickleball
mupchurch, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations in every way. I have forwarded your comments on to our housekeeping staff so that we may follow up accordingly and review possible areas of opportunities in the future. Should you need additional assistance, please contact the hotel directly.

Regards,
MacKenzie
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We arrived at the Hilton Garden Inn around 8:30 p.m. It was a little difficult finding this hotel but it was well worth it. Check-in was quick and staff was very friendly. Gals provided excellent maps of downtown Portland and always had a smile they greeted us. Our room was away from the elevators and was a very quiet room. Bed was a little too soft for me but the room was excellent (very spacious). The refridgerator & microwave was a nice surprise. Not much of a view from our room though, but it served our purpose. Breakfast was excellent, made to order omelettes, pancakes, belgian waffles. Fresh fruit with cottage cheese, yogurt, muffins, toasts, juices, cereals, oatmeal. This was one of my best breakfasts in the US. Pool and hot tub was a nice surprise (although a little small). Lots of parking stalls with in and out privileges. Complimentary computer room was an added plus. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate in the main lobby was a good way to relax by the fire and to read a good book.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Plesant Prairie, WI
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is a best surprise is no surprise place. Basically everything is clean and works as it should. The staff is friendly (although they tend to remove the cookie dish too early!) and the couple of minor problems I reported were promptly fixed (the refrigerator perhaps "over fixed" as it's now freezing my soda!). Location is good next to a Sweet Tomatoes. Nice chair and desk and sufficient outlets. WiFi was a bit slow at times in the room but acceptable.

Now for the "but" part...

They have a nice business center but you have to keep resetting the computer after 15 minutes (and you do lose what you're working on). This isn't appropriate for business travelers and is simply unacceptable. It's almost insulting. For an otherwise nice place it's cheap and tacky and there's no excuse for it -- NONE (so I don't want to hear some fluff from hotel management in repines because there simply is no excuse). Not enough to make me go elsewhere but still unbelievably cheap and tacky!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us. As for your business center comments: we checked it out for ourselves, and couldn't agree more! We have lengthened the sessions to over an hour and by the end of the month will have new PC's available for our guest's use as well. We appreciate your constructive feedback as are always looking for ways to grow and improve! Please stay with again the next time you are in Portland so that we may continue to demonstrate our commitment to service.

Safe Travels!

MacKenzie
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 17, 2012

A good quiet room. Clean bathroom. Very friendly and helpful staff. Could work out free at the 24 hour fitness across the parking lot, which was awesome! I gave it a 4 because, the rooms with 2 queens, the beds were a little uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#4 of 12 in Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Courtyard Portland Beaverton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!