My wife and I recently stayed with the Hilton Garden Inn at Beaverton. When we arrived late (which we notified the front desk earlier that we would be coming in late), they gave us the keys, we were almost ready to open the door when the front desk woman came running up saying they switched us to another room. When we got to that room, it was saturated with the odor of burnt popcorn, the window was open so we knew the hotel knew the odor was present. We thought we would get used to the stench but it was bad. The next day (since we got in late), we let them know and they said they would send someone up with some spray.... we we got back and it seemed to be worse, we then went and got our own spray deoderizer (Frabreeze) and sprayed the room which helped. The question I raise is, WHY would the front desk put paying customers in a room they knew had a smell of burnt popcorn. Just because of that I will probably go stay at your competitor any time I am in need of a hotel room and will not recommend your hotel to others. And that's why I am posting here, so others may choose to go elsewhere as well. I have stayed at the Garden inns on previous occasions with good results but this time was one of the most unpleasant stays I have had. Please make sure they don't do that to other paying customers and I hope the policy of "Make it right" policy stands where if my stay was not a good one the company would make it right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Beaverton offers all the comforts of home while traveling. Our newly renovated hotel boasts new modern features in our guestrooms, breakfast bar, on-site restaurant Charley's on Sunset, lobby and meeting space. Our property is located just a miles away from companies including Nike, Intel and Columbia Sportswear. We are within a short distance from Downtown Portland, the Cascade Mountains and the Oregon Coast. Plan your trip and let us take care of the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton Hotel Beaverton
- Hilton Garden Inn Beaverton
- Hilton Beaverton
- Beaverton Hilton Garden Inn