“Typical Hilton”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Montana City, Montana
“Typical Hilton”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

When traveling I usually choose Hilton hotels because I can count on them to be clean and comfortable. This was a typical hilton hotel. Staff was friendly, room was clean. Bed and pillows were comfortable. I love that they always provide soft pillows as well as firmer ones. This works great for myself and my husband as I like my pillows soft and he doesn't! Pool was small but nice. Fitness room was adequate. I would have liked to have had breakfast included in the price of the room but worked out that we ate breakfast in another town anyway. Hotel was really easy to find also.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 2 nights and it was an excellent choice. Starting from a very friendly and helpful frontdesk to comfortable rooms. Room was quite large, well maintained, and quiet. Bathroom was pretty much standard, but clean.

Breakfast was included in my booking and had a nice buffet-style selection. Definitely worth it, even if you have to pay for it separately.

A couple negatives: bottled water for $4, room is covered with the typical advertising stuff etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ZwennK
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have stayed at this property on and off for several years when I visit a couple of large sportswear companies on business. This property is a typical Hilton Garden Inn, but I consider HGIs to be a good "typical".

The property is located right off the 26 highway in a cluster of two other hotels. They have build a new mega-fitness complex on the adjacent property which adds a lot to the congestion of the area. The front desk staff was friendly and check-in was efficient. The room (king) was fine with a small fridge, microwave and that very comfortable adjustable mattress that HGI properties use. The TV was a flat screen but there were no HD channels among the 30-ish or so available. There is wired and wireless Internet available (I used wired) and the speed was acceptable most of the time, but one night slowed to a crawl.

There is an in-house restaurant that offers a really good breakfast - cooked to order eggs and buffet for everything else. There is evening bar and food service which was just OK. The evening wait staff seem to juggle handling both the dining room and room service so service could be a little uneven.

If I have to return to the Beaverton area, I would definitely have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed April 23, 2012

When I come into town for business with Nike I like to stay here. It's comfortable, quiet, and I always get a good nights sleep (which is not easy - I don't sleep well away from home).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cristy R
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I like to stay here since years.. The staff are friendly and very helpful.. It's the first place to stay for me if I am in Hillsboro.. B'fast is great as the rooms are very clean..

Room Tip: Quiet place to stay
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Ontario, California
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We were at this hotel last month and returned because it's near our family and it's a nice place.
The bed is so comfortable too! the staff is so friendly and eager to help in any way. there is a small pool/spa and work out room as well as a business center. We didn't eat there yet.
Lots of restaurants, gas station, etc near by.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
mupchurch, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Skamom,
Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back soon!

Regards,
MacKenzie
Pacific NW
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have previously reviewed this Hilton Garden Inn, five years ago. Since that time, I’ve been back many times, and I have to say the hotel is starting to show signs of age and wear. The most annoying “improvement” they’ve made is that the hotel has replaced their shower heads with these annoying, weak flowing, water-saving heads, where the water only comes out of ½ the head. Also, on my latest stay the bathroom was superficially clean, but evidence of mold/mildew in some corners and in the grout of hard to reach places. The rest of the room is usually well made up. I have intermittently noted crumbs and water marks on the work desk and food bits on the floor of the room around the bed. The staff is usually cordial, but can be distracted with phone calls – apparently people can call this hotel directly to make reservations and if there is only one person working the desk, that person can become overwhelmed with reservation phone calls, making service to people at the desk non-existent until the phone call is completed. My room reservation requests are usually granted. I’ve never been unhappy with the Beaverton Hilton Garden Inn and given the limited options in the Beaverton-Hillsboro area, it a property that I would continue to consider on future visits to the area. But, I do wish they would get rid of the shower heads and spend just a little more time cleaning the bathrooms.

Room Tip: Bidding on Priceline for a 3 star hotel is a good option for the Beaverton-Hillsboro.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
OOBDC,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the shower heads our guest rooms offer. These were replaced during our renovation in favor of a more sustainable option and are fully adjustable in order to offer the flexibility needed to meet our guests’ personal preferences. We value your feedback as it helps us strive to maintain the highest levels of service and cleanliness possible. I do hope that when your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again so that we may prove our dedication to constant improvement.

Regards,
MacKenzie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#4 of 12 in Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Courtyard Portland Beaverton

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton? Share your experiences!