I recently had a holiday weekend stay at this hotel, to get a “jump start” on Christmas shopping in Portland, and found a great rate. Even though this property is out in suburban Portland, there are hundreds of stores in the immediate area along NW Cornell Road or NW 185th (e.g. Nordstrom Rack, SuperTarget, Ross Dress for Less, Trader Joe’s, Kohl’s, Macy’s, REI, Fred Meyer, Barnes & Noble, etc…..) If you are planning to head into Portland and really don’t want to drive, the Sunset Transit Center is just a few miles east on US Hwy 26 (take the Barnes Road Exit). TriMet MAX (blue line) light rail will take you into downtown in a matter of minutes; or, if you’re heading to PDX take the red line. An all-day pass for bus, MAX or WES is only $5.
This hotel sits in a quiet area, directly off US Hwy 26 and is not far from the many “silicon forest” companies in Washington County. I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past several years and always found it to be very comfortable. The front desk staff is always customer service minded and refers to me by my name. On this particular stay the wonderful front desk crew checked me in and had already upgraded me to a suite! In addition, they had a note in their system that I prefer a particular room/suite! I had to wait about 30 minutes as the room wasn’t completely ready, which allowed me time to make a couple trips to the near-by stores. The room was a typical HGI suite, I like having the extra room and separate bedroom area. Rooms are always very clean and fresh. The lobby area is very spacious and has several conversation areas. On a business trip several years ago I had a planning meeting with one other board member in the lobby in a corner area. It was perfect, and with the Wi-Fi we were able to get a lot of work completed!
I’ve used the business center and fitness room on many occasions, and found them to be in working order. The fitness room is directly next to the pool, separated by a glass wall. It is outfitted with the standard Hilton “Precor” equipment. On this particular stay the fitness center was busy one morning. I’ve never used the pool or spa but it looks very inviting! If you are a member of 24 Hour Fitness, there is a brand new facility just across the parking lot. A nice added “perk” for those 24 Hour Fitness members.
The hotel offers a buffet breakfast in the mornings and dinner service in the evenings. Charlie’s on Sunset is the official name of the eating establishment, and is complete with full bar service. The morning of my stay the restaurant was full; apparently there was a soccer tournament in the area and one team was headquartered at the HGI. I had noticed signs of a sports team and was concerned about noise and late night activity. To my surprise there wasn’t any! The breakfast buffet is your stand HGI fare, quiet tasty and nice. I appreciated the fresh fruit offering, especially the blueberries! The biscuits and gravy were very good too! Something I never fix at home!
Overall, this is a very nice hotel for a leisure weekend in Portland or for business stays. The hotel staff is very customer service oriented and are helpful in answering questions about the area. They go out of their way to make you feel welcomed. I’ve never had a problem at this hotel, and have recommended it on many occasions to folks needing to stay in the greater Portland area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Beaverton offers all the comforts of home while traveling. Our newly renovated hotel boasts new modern features in our guestrooms, breakfast bar, on-site restaurant Charley's on Sunset, lobby and meeting space. Our property is located just a miles away from companies including Nike, Intel and Columbia Sportswear. We are within a short distance from Downtown Portland, the Cascade Mountains and the Oregon Coast. Plan your trip and let us take care of the rest! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton Hotel Beaverton
- Hilton Garden Inn Beaverton
- Hilton Beaverton
- Beaverton Hilton Garden Inn