“Excellent Hotel and Great Staff!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Salem, Oregon
“Excellent Hotel and Great Staff!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I needed to find a hotel, once again, in the greater Portland area for a weekend get away (attending a performance of “Sweeney Todd”) and based on rates selected the Homewood Suites in Beaverton. I’ve stayed at this all-suites property in the past and discovered the weekend rate was good. I had posted earlier in the month on their Facebook page, and as a result on Friday evening, was treated to a nice surprise amenity! In fact a couple nice treats awaited me when I returned. A huge thank you goes to the staff at this great property. Being a Gold HiltonHHonors member, there are few perks and upgrades at a HWS. I was once given a two-bedroom suite!

This is a nice property approximately 15 minutes from downtown Portland, located in the suburban area of Beaverton and Hillsboro – better known as the “Silicon Forest”, home to Intel, and close to Oregon’s wine country.

The rooms are one-bedroom suites, with a full kitchen, very nice for extended stays. I appreciate the extra space of a suite, even for a weekend get-a-way. The rates include breakfast each morning in the “lodge” area. During the week, there is an evening dinner and drinks. The rooms are beginning to need a refresh and update. Other than that, this is a great property with very helpful and customer-service driven staff! They are great!

If you are in need of an extended stay property and do not want to be right in Portland, this is an excellent choice. Not only is it close to Portland, there’s an abundance of shopping and entertainment venues very close. It’s a nice alternative to the hustle and bustle of the big downtown Portland hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HWSBeaverton, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Valued Homewood Suites Guest -

Thank you for the nice comments surrounding your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and their feedback on their experiences at our hotel.

I remember checking you in upon arrival as we spoke about your visit to the theater. It is great to hear that we supported your positive visit to the Portland area.

If you have any additional comments or thoughts, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Paul E. Freimark, General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton - Hillsboro/Beaverton, Hilton Worldwide Corporation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was there in US for the first time where i stayed in Homewood Suites Portland.

I enjoyed my stay in US. Its comfortable and makes u feel at HOME.

It had exceeded my expectations in terms of infrastructure, facilities and most importantly service. The room was perfect! It was clean, beautifully decorated, not too small and not too big. The hotel also provided the best shampoo, conditioner and body lotion!

What impressed me the most was the level of service that the staff displayed. During breakfast, the staff attended to my friend and me throughout the meal. Promptly clearing the dishes as well as offering the made-to-order dishes. The concierge was also able to recommend some good takeaway food, and even offered to deliver the food to our rooms. He was really polite, friendly and just awesome! Thank you very much.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Portland. It is worth every $$$ you paid and even more. Totally no regrets!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HWSBeaverton, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Valued Homewood Suites Guests -

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your thoughts surrounding your recent stay with us and your visit to the the US. It is always exciting to hear the feedback and information that we get from our guests involving our hotel and their stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly if you have any thoughts or additional suggestions surrounding our hotel. We welcome them very much!

Paul E. Freimark, General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton - Hillsboro/Beaverton, Hiiton Worldwide Corporation
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've been staying in different hotels lately and usually every one had some things which were not done right. This stay was actually just perfect. The hotel was easy to get to, the parking was close, the staff was super helpful, the room was quite, nice and clean, the breakfast was great, everything was working as it supposed to, I have nothing to complain about whatsoever. It has a bit conservative look, not really dated but kinda old school. So it's not an urban chic place if you're looking for something flashy. But if you're on business or family travel - really nice, cozy, relaxing and comfortable.

Room Tip: One side is facing freeway, the noise is very moderate, but if you want it really quite, ask for the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank heckfy
HWSBeaverton, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Valued Homewood Guest -

Thank you very much for your recent input surrounding your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to have guests leave comments/feedback for us on our hotel. We value the feedback very much as it is the only way that we can improve our hotel and our services.

I appreciate your comment surrounding the conservative look of our hotel. We are currently reviewing our capital budget and potential changes for this upcoming year and we are excited about some of the potential changes that may occur.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if you have any additional thoughts or comments.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Internet worked well. That always helps. Nice little gym. Business center very helpful for us. Service great. Breakfast was very crowded on a weekend, but decent. We were not amazed, but we were happy. However, with a good weekend rate, but seeing the high rates for weekdays, we somehow expected more. Location handy to Nike headquarters (a track and a wood chip trail you should go and enjoy--in your Nikes!). And nearer still to a huge recreational park.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Homewood Suites Guest -

Thank you very much for your comments and thoughts surrounding your stay with us in September. My apologies for not responding sooner.

I was glad to hear that we were able to get you upgraded. It is nice to have the extra space during your travels. I understand you comment completely surrounding the weekend versus weekday rates. It is very normal for us to offer lower rates on ocassion on the weekends than during the weekdays as we are typically a corporate based hotel. But I feel that all of our travelers, regardless on whether or not they are on a business or leisure, love to take advantage of our services, space, and amenities.

If you have any additional thoughts or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Corona, California
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is very clean. Both inside and out. Our room was comfy and cozy. We had a couple of issues and let the front desk know. Our coffee maker wasn't working. They had a new one up within minutes. The staff was very friendly and really cared about our stay. A couple of times I went down to get some extra bath towels. We wanted to clean up after a long day of sight seeing. I usually get a dirty look like (your gonna steal our towels) Not at this hotel. I was answered back with, "of course, is there anything else I can help you with." Last night I went down to get some over the counter meds for my husband as he wasn't feeling well. The front desk lady was very concerned and told me to just take the meds. They were on the house. All she wanted was that my husband felt better. It is apparent to me that the management is teaching their staff to put the hotel guest first. And boy did they. I will return to this property if I am up that way again. Good job. Manager, buy pizza for everyone on your staff. They deserve it. ;-) All the best!

Room Tip: Our room was great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HWSBeaverton, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Homewood Suites Guest -

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton - Hillsboro/Beaverton.

Our focus has always been on our hotel guests comfort. It was great to see that our staff was working hard to make things comfortable for you and take care of your concerns.

I hope that your husband is feeling better and please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to improve on our hotel's level of service.

Kent, Washington, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I don't usually write reviews, but since we enjoyed our stay here so much, I felt I needed to write something about it. We stayed 1 night while visiting family in Beaverton. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice! You have a small living area, kitchen, seperate bedroom and bath. I was impressed by how clean the suite was. Carpets where clean too! Which is a big pet peeve of mine. I want to know if I'm going to walk barefoot in a hotel room that my feet won't stick to the gunk on the carpets. The breakfast was fabulous! Biscuits and gravy were delicious! Overall, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Homewood Suites Guest -

Thank you very much for your recent comments involving your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and thoughts.

Your comments surrounding your ability to walk around the hotel in your socks is great! Homewood Suites by Hilton very much focuses on being your home away from home and what better example of that is your ability to walk around in your socks!

Please do not hesitate to contact me further if you have any additional thoughts. You may contact me at the hotel directly.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Three night stay and it was very homey and nice. Staff was helpful and friendly. Hotel was completely full so there were a lot of children and it was pretty hectic in the breakfast room with not enough seating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments surrounding your stay with us in late August 2012. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback, as I know that your time is valuable.

I know that the challenge surrounding breakfast seating when the hotel is full and during times when the hotel is hosting sports groups. We are looking at changing several items and communicating with the groups to better balance out the breakfast service to allow for more reasonable seating during these peak periods.

I hope that you will return to our hotel soon and if you have any additional comments or thoughts, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#5 of 12 in Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton? Share your experiences!