“Everything we could have expected!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Beaverton
Corvallis, Oregon
“Everything we could have expected!”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Good:
Excellent layout for 2 travelers who want their own space (2 bedroom/2 bath)
Full Breakfast
Clean
Free Parking
Helpful Front Desk Staff-even got us directions to a car wash.
Comfy Beds and Pillows

Bad:
The parking lot was full. We had to haul our heavy stuff a very long way
Elevator is slllooowwwww
Sort of out-of-the-way from things to do and restaurants

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bridget63
HWSBeaverton, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent input and feedback involving your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton - Hillsboro/Beaverton. We value all comments from our guests and welcome the opportunity to improve our hotel's level of services.

Our hotel team members are here to assist you in any way possible, so please do not hesitate to contact us if we can exceed your expectations. I will also discuss with our hotel Maintenance staff involving your comment surrounding our hotel elevators.

Please directly contact me at the hotel if you have any additional thoughts or comments.

Paul E. Freimark
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Hillsboro/Beaverton
Hilton Worldwide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Connecticut
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I like Homewood Suites and try to stay there when possible on road trips. This one is a little sub-par.

This property is older and it's starting to show its age. The room we stayed in could use a minor sprucing up and my wife didn't feel it was as clean as it could be. Our first night was marred by a non-functioning air conditioner. To the hotel's credit, it was fixed the next day and the charge for that night was removed from our bill. The hotel's maintenance chief called us twice to make sure that everything was OK.

The hotel is located about 20-30 minutes from downtown Portland in a hotel ghetto just off US 26. There are two chain restaurants within walking distance -- Elmer's and Sweet Tomatoes buffet. If you're looking for something more upscale or fast food, you'll have to get in the car and drive a mile or two.

It's not bad, but I expected better from Homewood Suites.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HWSBeaverton, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments involving your recent stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know your feelings on our hotel.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve our hotel product and services and our ownership group is continuously reviewing ways to improve the quality of the hotel product. Comments like yours' allow us to keep that focus to make the overall experience the very best possible.

It was great to see your comment involving our Maintenance staff - they appreciate it very much.

If you have any additional thoughts or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Paul E. Freimark - General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton - Hillsboro/Beaverton
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is the second Homewood Suites that I have stayed at. The check-in was easy and the rooms clean. I like having a kitchen and a separate sleeping area. The breakfast has a few options and the women making it was great! The free dinners ( mondays- thursdays) are just so-so but it is a nice touch , you can ask for wine of beer. The only down side of the stay was the soccer teams that came in over the weekend, the desk did what they could but the parents let them run wild.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. We have always worked hard to provide the very best possible experience for our hotel guests.

Periodically we have teams that stay with us and can be a bit challenging. I appreciate your comments and we are looking to evaluate various situations to minimize the impact on all our guests.

If you have any additional thoughts or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me further.

San Jose, California
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The is the second Homewood Suites that I stayed in recently. The entrance area is set up exactly the same - small reception desk on the left which opens out to the eating area. Unique to Homewood Suites is that they offer not just free breakfast but also free dinner.

Being a suite, there's a separate living room from the bedroom. There's also a small kitchenette area as well. In the living room there's a sleeper-sofa as well as a small desk with wired internet. There's two flat panel TV's - one in front of the sofa as well as another in front of the bed where there's a combination dresser/desk unit.

The kitchen has a full sized refrigerator but only two electric burners. There's a microwave as well as dish-washing machine. The kitchen area is smaller than some other Homewood Suites that I had stayed at.

The vanity counter top is in the bedroom , while the toilet & bathtub are separated by the bathroom door. Both the kitchen & vanity have black & grey marble counter top. The bathtub/shower is a fiberglass enclosure.

The breakfast buffet was OK - the normal hot & cold foods including make it yourself waffles. They also had rice & soup for a Japanese breakfast.

The room seems to have been renovated within the last 5 years or so. But there are some things that could be improved:
1) No HD channels on the 2 TV's - come on, it's 2011.
2) No safe in the room.
3) Wifi only in the lobby, ethernet in the rooms
4) A/C was loud so I turned it off

Room Tip: stay away from the highway
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank DavidLau
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We stayed only for one night on our last day in Portland (after spending two nights in Doubletree by Hilton near Lloyd Centre). With a family of 4, the kids were on the sofa bed and the adults had privacy in a separate room. We did not cook in our room but noticed that a neighbour room started cooking late at night... with its accompanying smells. That wasn't nice, but you would have to expect that when every room has its own kitchen. We were facing the courtyard and saw that the pool was used a lot. It looked good but we did not go in.

In general, the room was big enough, nice, clean. Bed was comfortable. Finishings are not as nice as Doubletree, but we are also paying less -- $79 from Expedia. Breakfast was excellent. Hot breakfast with a rotating featured item each day. We had scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy. There were also fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, juice, milk. Very extensive for such a small hotel.

We also noticed on the fridge that they were promoting their weeknight (Mon to Thur) 'welcome home reception' which features light meals and free drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). There was a rotating schedule of the nightly menu special. We saw pasta, chicken, etc listed. As we were there on a Saturday night, we did not get to try this. But this is a great deal, especially for families (save at least $40 per night if you were eating out, saves from having to cook in the room). I have heard that other hotels in Portland also offer this. Next time we come to Portland, we will investigate more before we book the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed August 18, 2011

One of the properties I frequently stay at for weekend get-a-ways is the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Beaverton, a suburb of Portland, OR. I discovered this property a number of years ago when I was making plans to be in Portland for a long weekend. This property is located right off US 26, a major highway from Portland through suburban Beaverton, Hillsboro, Aloha and out through the Oregon wine country. US 26 will take you to the Oregon coast. This property is also located close to the many “silicon forest” companies located in the Portland suburbs.

I’m always greeted by name when I arrive and check-in is fast and very efficient. The suites are very spacious allowing one to spread out and work or just kickback and relax. I appreciate having a full-size kitchen available that allows one to eat in.

The hotel has a nice fitness room which is small but it has all of the necessary equipment needed for basic workouts. I also like the fact that the business center has free access to computer and internet. While I have an iPhone it’s nice to have access to free computers and printer if needed. I find it amazing that many Hilton’s charge for computer access these days, while Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn’s do not! Go figure.

The complimentary breakfast buffet is good, complete with several hot items, and the standard cold items. The dining room area is a nice area off the lobby. On busy mornings it can be full, but one has the option of taking their food back to their suite as trays are provided.

This particular property was renovated several years ago and turned out quite nice. I find it interesting that some of the previous furniture pieces and lamps were not replaced. I guess I don’t understand why the entire rooms would be renovated (new paint, carpet, window treatments, etc.) and still have old pieces! The lamps (e.g. the shades) are looking very worn. Just an observation I’ve found not only with this hotel but also with several Hilton Garden Inn properties.

I would highly recommend this property for business or leisure stays. Its close, via car, to Portland and many suburban attractions. If you do not want to drive into Portland, the TriMet MAX Light Rail Transit Center is just a few miles east on US Highway. The MAX train will take you directly into downtown Portland or drop you off at the Oregon Zoo stop! I enjoy this property as it is located in a quiet setting. Rates have always been good when I’ve booked.

Great experience and great property in a great state!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Dale S
Olympia, WA
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Pros: Quiet, comfy beds, free hot breakfast, spacious rooms/suites, nice windows that actually open (although only a couple of inches), comes with a kitchen, has a pool, and the hot water in the rooms is really hot!

Cons: No wireless internet in many rooms (cable only- what is it, 1997?), musty smell, regular room rates seem high for Beaverton.

I stayed free with HHonors points, but if I had paid full price ($159 on the day I was looking) I would have chosen a place in downtown Portland instead. Nearby you will find a 24 Hr Fitness, an Elmer's restaurant (Denny's once removed), a Sweet Tomatoes restaurant (soup and salad buffet of questionable quality), and two other hotels. It's about 20 mins drive to Portland, which was ideal for me since I was attending a wedding in Gaston and hanging out in Portland, but wouldn't be the best choice for a trip to P-town.

Room Tip: If you want privacy and to keep your window shades open, ask for a room on the outside, as inside ro...
Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Kaszi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Portland West/Beaverton
Comfort Inn & Suites West
Comfort Inn & Suites West
#5 of 12 in Beaverton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Courtyard Portland Beaverton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton-Hillsboro/Beaverton? Share your experiences!