“Good not great”

Ranked #31 of 401 Restaurants in Beaverton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Pastini Pastaria is a Beaverton, Oregon Italian restaurant with a passion for pasta. Experience our Italian lunch or dinner menu featuring over 30 Italian pasta dishes, fresh salads, sandwiches, as well as gluten free pasta at our Beaverton Italian restaurant at Cedar Hills crossing.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been here twice in the past few weeks. I had the Lasagna both times and it was good but not great. I also tried the shrimp appetizer which was good. I would like to try their desserts some time, they look tasty. I also had their berry refresher drink which was good but the end of it had too much ginger flavor. It is a nice place but not supper great and a little pricey.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our family ate an early dinner here on a recent Wednesday evening and were very happy with our choice. We were seated right away and it wasn't too crowded or noisy.
My 11-yr. old son ordered the rigatoni with meat sauce bolognese and enjoyed it very much. There was a lot of meat and only a few vegetables, which is his preference. My 16-yr. old daughter ordered the baked ziti with sausage and enjoyed her meal very much. Both pasta dishes were of a good size.
My husband and I both ordered the salad samplers, which meant that we got to try three salads each. He had the caeser, artichoke-chicken, and orzo salads, and I ordered the caprese, tuna and white bean, and orzo salads. He enjoyed all of his salads, but I can't really speak for him on each one. My caprese was a little unusual in that it also included sun-dried tomatoes, but the mozzeralla was fresh and the fresh tomatoes were good, so I would say it was good, but I would have liked a little more fresh basil. The tuna and white bean salad was exactly what I thought it would be - somewhat light, with lots of albacore tuna. The orzo salad was my least favorite. It was good, but not outstanding. One note on the salad samplers: they were both rather large and you had better be hungry!
I also had a glass of the house Italian white wine and it was light and refreshing. I would definitely order it again.
My only complaint is that while the servers were friendly, the service was slow, and it took a long time for us to get the bill. That's not desirable when you're waiting with slightly impatient youth.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had dinner here with my husband, and our friend on 6 June at 6:00 pm. The good news is that there was no wait at all. The bad news is that it was full of families with screaming children. The parents seemed immune to the noise, and did little to stop the considerable, and constant noise. Even though the server gave us a table as far removed from the noise as possible, it didn't make any difference. The din was so loud that we literally could not hear each other speak. That takes all the pleasure of an adult dinner, regardless of what the food is like.
Perhaps my view of the food was colored by the ambiance, but I found the food to be unexceptional. My tortellini gorgonzola was served lukewarm, and after tasting it, I decided it wasn't worth sending it back to be heated. I took most of it home and was able to enjoy it the next day when I could make it appropriately hot and eat it absent screaming kids.
My husband enjoyed his lasagna more than I enjoyed my dish, and our companion described his pasta as nothing special.
The food is plentiful, and the price is right, but a lot of mediocre food is still mediocre food.
I wouldn't choose to go back but I can see where it would be a good choice for families. Just please supervise your children.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My favorite here has always been the Tuna white bean salad. But now when I go here for lunch they have the 7.99 selections which are tasty and plentiful. I had the ravioli 4 cheese and it was excellent and more than I could eat. Get here before noon or you will be waiting.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am writing this review in response to others that have demeaned this restaurant - I beg to differ. My wife and I have eaten at this restaurant over a dozen times and have enjoyed attentive, friendly service, excellent food at a very reasonable price. We have been to Italy numerous times and enjoy Pastini's use of virgin olive oil (some complained of the 'oily' food - come-on, it's olive oil, exactly what they serve in Italy). I highly recommend this restaurant.