“Take the Mini Tour BUT Eat Elsewhere”

The Pacific Oyster Company
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Bay City
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hawaii
“Take the Mini Tour BUT Eat Elsewhere”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've eaten here three times in the past two years, and it will be my last. Eaten here with both friends and family, however on every occasion we've come away unsatisfied with the seafood's freshness or preparation. I've come to the conclusion that the restaurant's operator merely leases the eatery from Pacific Oyster Company and that they are not one and the same. However, if they are shame on them for running such a joint and ruining their seafood in the cooking process. Don't make the same mistake as I, and eat elsewhere!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank DaPheonix

Los Angeles, California
“Restaurant part of the fish processing plant”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Seafood sales. Look through glass at fish being processed. I love the oyster stew and razor clams.. Crab cocktail good too. Ambience is on th docks fisherman restaurant. I have been there on other trips and still great food!

• Visited July 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“If you love oysters, this is your place”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

It is certainly unpretentious, sitting by the water in an industrial looking building. Indeed, it is an oyster shucking operation, where you can watch a group of shuckers at work. But don't just watch, indulge. The restaurant is basic; the offerings sublime! We had oyster stew with double oysters and it was unbelievable. Easily two cups of tasty (and, needless to say, fresh) oysters in a light creamy soup with a little spice. Heavenly! We also ordered two half dozen oysters to compare types and were only charged for a full dozen. Prices were incredibly cheap, service was prompt and friendly, food terrific and fresh. White glove? No, and it is just what you'd hope for when you dream of fresh.

“Consistent and amazing seafood.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I visited this wonderful establishment two weekends in a row on my motorcycle from the Portland area. The clam chowder was highly recommended by my Dad and after having it I've decided it's the best I've ever had and the fried oyster appetizer is as equally yummy. The side of fries was very plentiful and just the right crispness. The Fish Peddler is were my wife and I will go for seafood and will also recommend to all my friends and family. Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
“don't drive past”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was just driving along the coast and was looking for a seafood lunch. Drove past it then decided to have a look. From the outside it looks fairly industrial but thought it worth a dry. Fantastic oysters, had the ciponne soup which was chock full of seafood and crab. I don't know about the fried stuff and so on, but in a place like this, if you stick with fresh seafood, clams, oysters and crab you can't lose. Would eat there again in a minute.

• Visited August 2012