“Charming”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandon
Sea Star Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 9 Bandon B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 6, 2009

My wife and I shared the penthouse suite at the Sea Star Guesthouse with our son and daughter-in-law for a very enjoyable weekend in the charming Southern Coast of Oregon town of Bandon.

The Guesthouse is in an ideal location, facing the harbor, and close to restaurants, coffee houses, and shops in Old Town.

It is very clean, with comfortable beds, a full service kitchen, a large flat panel TV and DVD player, with a generous supply of DVDs.

The manager, Larry, was most accommodating.

The only shortcoming was the dim lighting in the rooms. Most of the bulbs were fluorescents, but would have provided better lighting with a slightly higher wattage.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 26, 2009

We called for a reservation and was quoted a price for a room in May. We were sent a confirmation via e-mail later that day. The confirmation indicated $37.00 more per nite without an explaination. When we called the same day Larry refused to honor the origonal price. His only explanation was that the prices went up?? Not the way to stay in business. Good luck Larry!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank photomanWyoming
Reviewed May 20, 2008

I have recently started dating a wonderful guy and we wanted to get away for the weekend to the coast somewhere. We dicided on Bandon because neither one of us had spent much time on that part of the Oregon Coast. Discoverd the Sea Star Guest House and thought it sounded great with the location and all. He called and made the reservation and we stayed for Sat & Sun nights. The owners are very nice people and accomadated us very well. The view is wonderful and you can walk everywhere. There are some really great places to eat and drink and the shops are all really nice. It was overall a wonderful and very romantic weekend and we would definately recommend this place. Reasonable, clean and very comfy!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2008

We stayed in Room 2 (top floor) and enjoyed the Sea Star very much for our one night stay in Bandon. The room has one queen size bed and is not very big but adequate for our needs. It was very clean with no odor issues at all. There is a skylight over the bed and the view of the harbor is great. There is also a small patio with a bistro table and two chairs to enjoy the view. The room was very warm when we checked in (due to the sun coming through the skylight) but the manager immediately gave us a fan and there was no issues the rest of the night. The location was fantastic with the top restaurants right around the corner (see our review of The Wild Rose ... it was fantastic!).

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2007

This hotel has been a reliably fun place to stay in the lovely city of Bandon, OR. The rooms are affordable and well appointed.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2007

I booked here because we wanted a one-bedroom place in the Bandon area for a certain night, and a "suite" here was the only one available. (It's a popular town in the summer.) I saw a few negative reviews on TripAdvisor but hoped for the best.

The room was okay. Upon entering we were hit with a very strong odor that seemed like men's cologne spilled on the carpet ... with closer examination I found it was one of those plug-in "air fresheners" that heat up and disperse scented oil. Ick. We unplugged it and aired out the room, and the smell dissipated somewhat. The window was difficult to open.

The room was in half-decent shape. It was small for a suite; the "bedroom" was only separated by part of a wall, not a door. (It didn't have a separate window.) The furniture was fine, and the room was reasonably clean, except for some scuff marks on the walls and a dried blob of a previous occupant's conditioner (I hope!) on the shower stall.

The location is great, right on the harbor and easily walkable to old town Bandon, which is really only a few square blocks. The coffee shop next door was nice. The Sea Star management was friendly enough.

For a coastal town in the summer, it was an okay rate for a passable room. I wouldn't plan an extended stay here, though.

• Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed July 17, 2007

I stopped in Bandon, Or on a trip up the coast from San Francisco. I
had read a great review in one of my guide books for Oregon. I called
the managers early in the day to book a room. The woman I talked to, although nice, seemed very confused. We were finally able to reserve a room with no view for $65. When I got to Bandon, I called for directions and once again the managers/owners seemed confused. Once I saw my room I was very unpleasantly surprised. My room smelled like
cigarettes. I tried to deal with it for a while but the smell was too overpowering, even with the window open. I called and requested a
non-smoking room, but the management refused to believe me and insisted that all the rooms were non smoking. I pointed out that there was a bucket full of cigarette butts right outside my door and she told me that those are OUTSIDE the room so the room is non smoking. I finally got so irritated, I told the managment that I was leaving and that I expect a refund on the room. I then had to call 4 times the next day to get them to credit back my account. Although, the smell of smoke was the major issue, I agree with the other reviewers on the lack of cleanliness and the general poor condition of the place. I would definitely not recommend the place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo