“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Star Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bandon
Sea Star Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 9 Bandon B&B and Inns
Netherlands
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed in this guesthouse in October. Our room was suite 3A, it has two queen beds and is located in the front of the building looking out over the boat basin. Too bad it was raining when we arrived. The view is wonderful and weather permitting you can sit on the porch a enjoy it.
The host were very welcoming. Our room was comfortable, clean, and well appointed with a mini fridge, microwave, WiFi, coffee, tea, cable. The beds were very comfortable.
Old Bandon is a very nice little town and diner at Alloro Wine Bar was unforgettable.
I would highly recommend this place to friends & family.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the guesthouse have a beautiful view!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank DixieNetherlands

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I try to start these reviews saying I'm a physician and my husband is an engineer. He likes clean and economical and I like a little "PFOOF" factor. Sometimes he wins and sometimes I win. With Sea Star it was kind of a win-win! We were in room #1 on the top floor. We were only there one night. The large room with loft could easily accommodate a family with a queen bed upstairs and 2 twins downstairs. The place is very clean. And although not fancy, the view from floor to ceiling windows is splendid...esp at sunset!
So this is a basic guesthouse with microwave and fridge right on the waterfront. It wasn't noisy except for the rooster next door (part of a petting zoo during the cranberry festival!) Shops and restaurants all around. A cute town, but one night is adequate to explore Bandon. The Mexican restaurant next door ("Fiesta") sucks, so avoid that. But the room I would definitely recommend! If you are there to golf, this would be an excellent stay for a group of buddies!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Masala1
Fernie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

I booked this before the new owners took over and we were looking forward to our 1st visit to The Oregon Coast as a family. I now wished I had booked it for longer. We had the upper room with a spectacular view of the harbour. The town of Bandon was really pretty and we ate well and cheaply here. We were well situated for a trip to see the giant Redwoods in California and other attractions. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting southern Oregon and would really love to go back there for longer!
Oh the beds were soooo comfy too...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank revilolouise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family and I stayed at The Sea Star in july and enjoyed it very much. It was very clean, great location, and the management was great.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank Patchex
Kitcat22
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

My only complaint about this lovely guest house is that the walls are thin. I could hear the bathroom vent fan from my neighbors.
But they have the softest sheets I've found in a hotel for ages!!! I checked the labels to find that they are Egyptian cotton from Costco.
Nice staff.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent one fantastic evening in Bandon, staying at the Sea Star Guesthouse. The room was well appointed, and had everything you'd need for a comfortable stay. We stayed in one of the cheaper rooms at the back of the main building, but I'd highly recommend trying to book one of the more expensive rooms at the front, overlooking the harbour.
If you are a fan of fish, then you must pay a visit to Tony's Crab Shack - I'd recommend the fish tacos.
The Loft was also very pleasant, if you are after a more formal meal - this would be the best place to eat in Bandon.
Overall, a wonderful place to break your trip along the West Coast.

Room Tip: Book a room overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charlotte81
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

The rooms were clean, well appointed and the bed was extremely comfortable. Management was friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. We would stay at this guesthouse again without any hesitation. Try it - you'll like it!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank gigglingmermaid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
#3 of 7 in Coos Bay
Lighthouse Cove Inn
Lighthouse Cove Inn
#7 of 12 in Bandon

Been to Sea Star Guesthouse? Share your experiences!