“Great seafood!”

The Wheelhouse & Crowsnest
Ranked #12 of 54 Restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort St. John, Canada
“Great seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Delicious local fish, beautifully prepared & presented in a casual low key environment. Nice views of the harbour & very friendly service. Excellent value.

Visited June 2013

Kelowna, Canada
“Tasty Halibut”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I each tried the halibut & chips. The halibut was flakey, fresh, and tasty. The coating light and not greasy. The tarter sauces has a strong dill flavor and so only a small amount added to the fork worked well. The french fries had some coating on them to make them crispy which I found not to my liking, being a purist when it comes to my french fries. The beers were served in a frosted glass, nice!

Eugene, Oregon, United States
“Super Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Even on a busy Memorial Day weekend, our meal at Wheelhouse was very good. I took a chance and ordered the seafood combination prepared in a spicy sauce. The reason I say risky is that when scallops and other shellfish are included, very often they are overcooked and rubbery. Scallops and oysters are my favorites and I was so pleased when they were perfect. My dining companions also had seafood items and they were just as satisfied. The fish and chips were fluffy and delicious with lovely crispy fries. The stuffed petrale sole was moist and well prepared. We had their chocolate mousse for dessert. It was good too. Our waiter and busboy were the best. The prices were about what you would expect from a place that serves fresh fish and shellfish. I recommend concentrating on their specialty, great seafood. From my experience that is what they do best.

Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Great views on the Top floor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had to send back a cold crab cake, but the situation was corrected and the meal was OK, would suggest that you seat yourself upstairs, the service was very good.

Visited May 2013
“Cook needs some lessons”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

For the prices, one would expect better than what was served to us for lunch. I ordered a grilled chicken wrap. The chicken breast was at least real, but totally void of flavor or color. I'm guessing, but it I would say it was poached in plain water. There is no way it ever hit a grill of any kind - it was whiter than an native Oregonian. The other person in my party ordered shrimp linguine. The sauce was okay but the cook doesn't even know what a linguine noodle is, it was served on spaghetti. This experience was like going to a low class diner.

1 Thank lbfreder