“Quaint stay by the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Table Rock Motel

Table Rock Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Vancouver, Canada
“Quaint stay by the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here with a friend for two nights in the new building and was extremely delighted with the room and staff. The room was very clean and homey, comfortable beds and right by the beach. I would recommend this motel to my friends and family. A great find!

Room Tip: The new building is lovely, even has a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Katherine D
alexlinke, Guest Relations Manager at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking a moment to write a review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here with your friend, and at the Motel.
Glenna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ashland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

My wife and I arrived at the Table Rock Motel not quite realizing how badly we needed the peace it offered. We were in town for the high school district track meet and checked in a little early with the thought we were just going to dump our bags and take off for the event. But we got a room with an ocean view, opened the sliding glass door to the ocean breeze and stepped out on the balcony. We were hooked. Oh, we put our bags down, alright, but we soon put our bodies down on the bed and took a nice long nap.

The hotel has all of the amenities that are standard these days - coffee/tea maker, flat screen TV, DVD player (with a wide variety of DVDs available for rent in the lobby for a buck apiece, free wifi, hair dryer, refrigerator and microwave, ironing board and iron.

What this hotel does have that many others don't is exceptional care to the decor. We found our room to be simply yet elegantly appointed. That combined with the location - one block from the beach - made this a memorable stay which I hope to repeat very soon.

Room Tip: The rooms have names. We stayed in the one called 'Anniversary'. Great location with an ocea...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank daliwzrd
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is very quite and peaceful here. Glad you had the opportunity to enjoy that peaceful state. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Glenna
Riverside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here recently on a work/recreation trip. What Table Rock offered was what I needed was a clean no-frills room at a decent rate. Yes, the room (#7) was small and somewhat funky, but what comes at no additional cost is the attentiveness. The staff was a friendly and caring as you would want.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bribear
alexlinke, Front Office Manager at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Stop in at Bandon's motels to see a wide variety of room configurations and reception desk staff, but until you experience the care and personal touch offered by a motel, you have only a partial view. If you come to Table Rock Motel with a friendly attitude, you can be our guest of honor; if you choose a lesser demeanor ... well, we will do our best to help you, especially if you can tell us about your wants and needs. We aim to do our very best with being a great help during your stay. Treating people with respect is a primary goal of ours, but we go beyond that to provide comforts and tips (such as dining recommendations, for example).
Sonoma County, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were delighted by our stay in every way. There is a very old original motel, which explains some of the negative reviews, so be sure you get into the new building. Imagine being given the Princess Room if you have kids, or the Pirate or Egyptian Room. The room was very large, the beds very comfortable, and the kitchenette area off to its own section for convenience. The manager is very solicitous. We had people on either side with no noise at all between the walls. The stairs to the beach are behind the lodging, as is the bluff top path.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the new building.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pipilo2015
Thank you for your stay, and it's so good your time was delightful.
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

My requirement for this trip was to cook fresh food for myself as I have been on a great weight loss program for 9 weeks before the trip (lost 35 lbs already!) and the Table Rock Motel has some kitchenettes, but what is the best feature is, this hotel is right on the edge of a small ocean park for walking on the ocean bluffs with a fabulous view of the Oregon beach, like a peninsula of land with paths and a few benches to sit and watch the sea, the birds and on a sunny day, a fabulous sunset.

I stayed in two different rooms, one was on the second floor of "the new building" and the other was a cottage at the edge of the property very close to the sea-bluff and walk around the sea-view walk along the bluff.The beds were comfortable, the rooms were clean, and the help behind reception was local, friendly and efficient and very positive. Bandon is also a great Sea Town to visit up and down Rte 101 along the Oregon Coast. My cooking was delicious of course and I enjoyed eating my food outside on the veranda or on one of those by-the-sea benches I told you about.

Enjoy the visit!

Room Tip: I liked the 2nd floor room. And the cottages are close to the hill edge which delightfully leads dow...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank paulwelch
Bandon provides several ways for you to enjoy the ocean. You can walk on the beach, you can park your car at a view point and then view the surf from the parking area, you can take a trail along the rim of a bluff, or you can sit and watch the ocean from a park bench. Some of our cottage rooms include a nice view of the ocean, so that you can awake to the refreshing scenery so typical of Bandon, such as waves crashing against the huge sea rocks and sea gulls swooping in the breezes. In our "new unit", the upper floor rooms include a distant view of the ocean, and they offer plenty of space in modern style.
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent location and friendly staff. Facilities are a bit old, but the rooms were clean and the walk to the beach is short. For the rate, I would highly recommend. We stayed for one night and requested a late checkout, which was granted.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caylin C
Thank you for your stay.
Anywhere
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

As I was checking in, I overheard this little old lady who lives there tell a worker that she didn't want anything to do with the employees or the guest. I have stayed there before but always on the new side. I was shown a few rooms on the cottage side. I was thinking of staying a few nights, but after seeing those rooms I was tired and just needed a room. The rooms all stunk of mildew and very old furniture. The bathroom were very old and outdated and stunk like urine. In one of the bathrooms there was a note on the toilet to hold handle down when flushing. When I asked the employee he said that it had then like that for years from what he was told. In all the rooms on the old side there was a note saying not to use blow dryers. I stayed last year there as I was passing through and the staff was so friendly but this time there was almost a new crew and they had no idea what they were doing and nobody training them. I won't ever stay there again due to the rude lady upstairs and the dirty rooms. They need some major help!

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Gotcarwilltravel
alexlinke, General Manager at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. It helps us to pay more attention to our older cottage.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay
Windermere on the Beach

Been to Table Rock Motel? Share your experiences!