Table Rock Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Kris Inn(Bandon)
Bandon Inn(Bandon)
View Hotel
All reviewsocean viewprincess roomnew sectionwine glassesbeach accessthe beds were extremely comfortableresidential areadvd playerlarge bathroomoregon coastthe cliffmicrowave and refrigeratorbeautiful beachliving roombandon beachshort walkroad trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

If you like chintz curtains, candlewick and homey rugs, this place is for you. I found it cluttered, with a clumpy bed, worse pillows, but excellent bedside lighting (a rare thing in roadside motels), a big fullsize oven etc, not sure quite why, as I can't imagine it ever being more than a one night stopover.

The consideration for travelers is there though - windscreen washing etc - but despite being on the cliff top there's no view of the amazing sea and beach below because of other buildings.

I booked this motel on the basis of it's reviews, and in particular comments like "beachfront" which I find bizarre, as being quoted as beachfront is a wee bit of a misnomer - it's a hell of a lot of steps down a staircase to the "beach". Clifftop, not beachfront. And no view. Stretching the truth a little too far...

Sadly, my biggest gripe is that it's a couple of miles to the village where one can find a restaurant or a bar. And that's just too far! Especially when one is spoilt for choice of hotel & motels in the village.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Mozza47
alexlinke, Front Office Manager at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

It's always helpful to discover how people perceive our motel, especially when their only influence for choosing to stay here comes from our web content (including what is said by our reviewers). We appreciate every comment, as they can help us "fine-tune" our amenities. Thank you for honest and frank words. ... Our motel is located on a cliff-top. Some rooms have an ocean view, and if you want a panoramic view of the ocean from within your motel room, we do not offer that. Buildings nearby are partially or totally blocking the view (depending on the room). We try our best to help you find a room that suits you. ... Each motel offers something special. We offer care and comfort, with close proximity to the ocean. It amounts to many conveniences, and yet, we are so sorry we cannot suit the tastes of every person. As for choices of motels in Bandon, ours is certainly worth considering whenever you happen to visit our town.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place is in an excellent location right on the ocean. The views vary but you travel to see stuff, not hang out in your room. Our room was immaculate, very clean, great kitchenette, comfy bed. The owner has extra supplies in the office at your disposal and car cleaning supplies and is very encouraging to help yourself. It is only a short drive to downtown Bandon for food.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
alexlinke, Front desk at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

We want our guests to feel "at home", and so "help yourself" to ice, extra spoons or forks, sugar packets, towels and etc. Of course, we offer so much more than that, as you have so aptly described. ... I love your comment, "you travel to see stuff ...". There is so much to see, here on the south coast of Oregon. Some great views are within walking distance, and if you have time to hike into the hills, the variety of wildflowers, waterfalls, wild berries, tall trees and mountain viewpoints can keep your curiosity aroused for days on end ... and that only scratches the surface of all there is to do around here.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The cleanest country kitchen motel I have ever stayed in. I let my husband book this one, he always manages to find offbeat stuff. There is no sea view from your balcony. Walk to the street end and there it is. I feel as if I am at my grannies country cottage. Worth the money. Guaranteed a good clean bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Clean is important. ... Our motel is perched so that it is overlooking the mouth of the Coquille River. Just walk a block or so to watch the waves crashing against the jetties. Walk a few blocks to the south and watch waves crashing into sea caves near Table Rock. You might get a chance to see seals, sea lions (occasionally) lounging at the base of the sea rocks, but birds like sea gulls, tufted puffins, cormorants, are also common sights. If your granny is like mine, she won't sell. She likes the place she's got, and we like what we got. Best of all, we offer you the chance to enjoy what we got.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This place started off as easy to reserve on-line and based upon traffic I did not get in to well after 11:30 pm. The owner called me to make sure we were still coming, and woke up when we arrived and cheerily greeted our party, even though she had clearly been asleep. The rooms were very clean. I love the location of this inn, on the beach near Table Rock in Bandon, OR. I liked the convenience of having a large coffee maker and refrigerator in the room. We wished our stay had been longer as we departed at 7:00am to drive 3 hours east to Crater Lake National Park. The only downside was that our room reeked of cigarette smoke even though we requested non-smoking, Beggars cannot be choosers based upon the hour we arrived.

I will stay here again in the future for multiple nights, as the cute community of Bandon is a magical place on the Oregon Coast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view or a kitchenette for extended stays. Call for late arrival.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
alexlinke, Front Desk personnel at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

I'm so glad to know we offered some much-needed help to you. That's what we are here to do. We only want non-smokers staying in our rooms, and we know the odors of residual smoke are obnoxious to so many people. Thank you for openness and honesty in your review. And yes, we really enjoy Bandon. It's a privilege to live here all year. The coastal air is great, and sweltering hot weather never really happens here.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a great little place at a reasonable price. We had a second floor room with king bed (which was very comfortable). I have lived in apartments with less of a kitchen, we didn't really make use of it, but next time I'll come prepared. There's a partial ocean view from the deck, so not a place for storm watching, but the trail down to the beach is at the edge of the parking lot. Very clean, nice furnishings and nice people.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
alexlinke, Front Desk personnel at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

It's great to know our guests are happy with our accommodations. The easy access to the beach is one of our many blessings at this location. Our kitchens are furnished with nice matching sets of dining ware and new appliances.