“It's like going home to me”
Review of Table Rock Motel

Table Rock Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
portland
“It's like going home to me”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have been staying at Table rock Motel since I was 10 or 12 I am now 68. I love the fact that the character of this wonderful pace has remained the same all these years. The management is wonderful. The units each have their own unique personality. Of course it doesn't have some of the "comforts " of newer and more expensive hotels,but it has everything one could need at the beach. It's like going home to me.
It's located on one of the most beautiful spots on the Oregon coast and the dramatic cliffs and sandy beach are just steps away.
Don't go if you're looking for luxury,only if you want to be surrounded by beauty and a great staff.

Room Tip: talk to the staff. tell them what you want. Look at rooms on web-site.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michele E
alexlinke, Front Office Manager at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. Our rooms all unique and it is best to take a look at our website to see what each individual room looks like before booking a room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Woodside, California
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at this motel 10 years ago and the rooms have been updated in the meantime (new comfortable beds). Rooms are small,but clean. Bathrooms could use some updating though. There is a brand new building with 12 rooms which was sold out when we arrived. All in all a decent, well managed motel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gerda D
alexlinke, Front Office Manager at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your comment. We pride ourselves for providing our guests with clean comfortable rooms.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

stayed here 1 night, room was adequate but too dated and small for an extended stay. The bed kept sliding away from the wall if you sat up to watch tv so I placed my suitcase between the foot of the bed and the wall which was a tight fit. While laying in bed I could touch the door with my foot. Nice beach but its a bit of hike down the cliff-side to get there. Good enough for 1 night, just too small to stay any longer

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We have a wide variety of rooms of different sizes from small economy rooms to large modern hotel rooms and we give our quests many choices.
Alameda, CA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were driving through and decided to spend the night at Bandon Beach. The rooms are clean and cheery. Though not high-end the furnishings are cute and updated with rugs on hardwood flooring (for a nice change) and new fixtures in the bathroom. The water is hot and shower head gives off a nice powerful stream-very relaxing. The beds are firm and comfortable. The rates are very reasonable for a two bed queen room. In fact, they are so good we were a little wary of what the rooms might be like. However, the accommodations did not disappoint.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank threebros
We are constantly updating our rooms to provide our guests with rooms that are fresh and comfortable. Thank you for your comment.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were given room 124 which was very nice and would have been fine for us but I asked if they had a room with a more direct view of the coast. The owner, Le, was in the office and said she wanted to do what ever it took to make us happy. We weren't unhappy at all. We were offered room 9 which is a small cottage and, again, would have been fine, it was very nice. We were also offered The Puffin, a 1500 sf vacation rental owned by the hotel a few doors down for $20 more. We took The Puffin, a beautiful 3 bedroom/3 bath home across from the beach! Coastline views from every room and bathroom! Le really goes above and beyond to make sure her guests are taken care of and we will stay here again, even if we can't stay in The Puffin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review. We like to offer our guests as many options as possible so that they will enjoy their stay here. Le is awesome, she really strives to satisfy each and every need that our guests might have. We hope that enjoyed every aspect of Bandon and your visit here.
Oregon
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband booked a double queen room here for our anniversary after reading on the website that the rooms had ocean views. When we got there we were shown a single king bed room with a view a field across the street, no ocean. We figured we would stay anyways but need the 2 queens and when we went back up to the desk we were told they had an emergency and there were no more rooms left but they would 'comp' us by sending us to another hotel and pay the difference of a higher priced room. The first place they sent us was to the Bandon Best Western and as we drove up to it I realized it was the same hotel we had a bad experience at a few years ago so we went back to Table Rock and ended up getting a room at the Bandon Inn.
I think Table Rock could have handled this situation a whole lot better. My room at the Bandon Inn was $134 compared to the Table Rock $129. So Table Rock paid $5 to send me off to another hotel and my husband and I are still wondering how we got comp'd at all?
I would not recommend this place to anyone. We were misled on the 'ocean views', run around at 5pm on a Friday night trying to get a decent room, with no comp in site.
Thanks, but no thanks. I feel like a paid $129 for a huge hassle.

Room Tip: Check the room before you pay for it. We reserved 2 queens with ocean view, got 1 king with no view...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Opadiah
I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with us. I would like to address the disappointments that you pointed out in your review.
Yes, the New Additions sits perpendicular to the ocean, but there is a view from the patio/balcony, and there is a field across the street.
Next, as much as it disappoints us, sometimes guests cause damages or maintenance issue arise that cannot be resolved before the next guest checks in. It is our busy season and as much as we try to prevent emergencies they still present themselves. Unfortunately, that was happened in your situation. We had only a king room left and offered it to you, you declined and wanted a double queen room, which we did not have. I spoke with you to resolve the matter, to your satisfaction. I gave you the option of The Best Western (with the ocean view) or The Bandon Inn (with a view of the harbor), you wanted the Best Western so I personally called reserved and paid for the room with our credit card. You came back told me that would not work and that you had a "bad” experience there. Without question, I called with our credit card and paid for the room at Bandon Inn.
To clarify, what I told you was that we had an emergency, not to worry I would make sure that you had a room that was to your liking and we would pay the difference. We paid for two rooms because you did not want the first one. Also, reading your review of the Bandon Inn, it appears that your stay was a positive one. I do not know how much more I could have done, given the circumstances. Again, I am truly sorry for your experience here.
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed August 24, 2013

made a reservation to visit old friends got the economy room number 6 was perfect for just me had everything i need in room and was offered many extras upon check in my room rate was reasonable and the ladies at the front desk were absolutely amazing very friendly staff as well also had laundry services available to me the view from motel was just beautiful and the location was close to everything they are also a pet friendly motel which allows ur pet to be with you and offer u towels and blankets for your dog i find it a very quiet and wonderful place to stay would visit again and would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: friendliest staff on oregon coast
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review. I am glad that your stay was a wonderful and positive experience. Bandon is a beautiful place. Our staff is great, and the Motel prides itself on being a peaceful and relaxing place to come.
Glenna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay
Windermere on the Beach

Been to Table Rock Motel? Share your experiences!