“reunion with old friends”
Review of Table Rock Motel

and 1 more site!
Table Rock Motel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed August 24, 2013

made a reservation to visit old friends got the economy room number 6 was perfect for just me had everything i need in room and was offered many extras upon check in my room rate was reasonable and the ladies at the front desk were absolutely amazing very friendly staff as well also had laundry services available to me the view from motel was just beautiful and the location was close to everything they are also a pet friendly motel which allows ur pet to be with you and offer u towels and blankets for your dog i find it a very quiet and wonderful place to stay would visit again and would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: friendliest staff on oregon coast
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for the awesome review. I am glad that your stay was a wonderful and positive experience. Bandon is a beautiful place. Our staff is great, and the Motel prides itself on being a peaceful and relaxing place to come.

There are newer reviews for Table Rock Motel

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Having read some of the reviews on this particular motel, I totally understand why the ratings are all over the map. This place will either be somewhere that you love or somewhere you don't. Sadly, I fall in the latter category just because I'm not really into being that 'rustic' and this motel is quirky and very outdated - at least our room. I've thought long and hard about my review on this particular property as I totally understand how it could be some people's cup of tea but I will try to give you as much information as possible so that people can make their own judgment. Firstly, location - you honestly couldn't have a better place to stay to be close to the beach. It was within walking distance to the two sides of the beach and the beach in Bandon is beautiful. It was also just a short drive into Old Town Bandon which is also a lovely place to go and visit. As to the staff, very helpful and obliging and nice. As to the room, it fell very short for me. We were in one of the cottages which has an upstairs to accommodate our kids - so we had a double and a single upstairs and a separate room downstairs with one queen for the parents. There was also a small seating area and then a kitchen area which you walk through to get to the bathroom. The first thing I noticed upon going into the room was that it smelt of the bathroom - although my husband said he felt it just smelt musty. The door was very hard to open it was catching at the top and you almost had to put your body against it to open the door up. The furniture was very dated and the bathroom was exactly as described by another reviewer, sort of formica screwed to the wall with washers and screws everywhere. The bath was pink and looked very dated/old and was pretty cracked around the plug hole, There was no shower liner. The toilet looked newer and the sink was very small with not much room to rest anything alongside which is why there was a dated shelf alongside it and a quirky little alcove behind the bath to put things. However, the whole feel of the bathroom area just wasn't for me. Back to that analogy when you buy a house, it's the bathrooms that sell you on a place.... or in this case, not. There was a very tall fridge in the seating area. The sofa was covered by a throw and was exceedingly uncomfortable to sit upon after more than 30 minutes... I think it also served as a sofa bed but I wasn't brave enough to pull off the throw to see what it was like below. The upstairs bedroom had light switches that didn't work and a quirky alcove in the 'landing' area that served as a super small hanging area/closet. The downstairs queen bedroom was pretty tiny - not too much room to move around it. There was a notice about the wifi password framed on the wall but then a different wifi password taped on other walls. The light switches were pretty unclean, the valance in the lower bedroom which was cream was pretty stained and looked like it hadn't be washed in a while. The alarm clock needed a good clean on all its switches as well. In general, I know the room was clean but it's the little things like this that I pick up on and it just leaves me a little cold. If you are expecting the standard of a Best Western/Comfort Inn type establishment, this falls way short and after spending three weeks in this type of level of hotel or higher, this is why the Table Rock Motel fell short for me. At the end of the day, we all have our likes and dislikes but this place just wasn't my cup of tea.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing our Motel. I am sorry that the room did not meet your expectations. As I mentioned in a previous review, we have two types of rooms, the New Additions or the Cottage Side. We have some guest who do not wish to stay in anything but the Cottages, they like the character and charm of these units. We also have guests, like you, that prefer the more modern "chain" type rooms, that is where the New Additions comes into play. We do try to please as many of guests as we can, because it is very important to us that everyone leave with positive memories, not just of their stay here, but the entire "Bandon" experience.
As for the door problem in Cottage #2, we have had the entire door replaced and is working great.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The staff is so nice and the room was cute and tastefully decorated (I was in the Calligraphy Room). Excellent beach access. Very close/easy drive to old town Bandon. Since it's off the main drag, it's also quiet and I felt really safe here. Thanks 'Team Table Rock'!!!!

Room Tip: Definitely get a room with a full or partial beach view (even the partial has a nice view)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself while you were here in Bandon. It is very quiet and peaceful here. Also, I am very proud of my staff here at Table Rock Motel, they are happy and do an awesome job.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I guess we are spoiled a bit due to staying in chain motels, but we are fairly well-traveled, and have stayed at a lot of different hotels both here and abroad. With that intro, except as otherwise noted below, my comments are limited to the one unit in which we stayed very recently. We made our reservation the night before arriving after reading the reviews here. Both check-in & check-out we're a snap. Glenna (or Glenda) was congenial & helpful. Regarding the room, which was in a group of about 4 units, we had #10, in the western-most units. When we opened the door and looked around it was almost like stepping back 50 years, with the exception of the fridge, microwave, coffee maker, wi-fi & flat screen TV. While the room was clean, and the bed adequate, the "closet" consisted of a wire rack with a few hangers which interfered with accessing the bathroom, due to the hangars being at head height. The bathroom was decorated with Formica paneling held to the walls by numerous screws & washers, most of which were corroded. The toilet tank had a taped note on the top which read, "Please hold handle down to flush the toilet." The vanity was also coated with a different color of Formica reminiscent of the 50s, and tapered inwards with single spindly leg supporting end near the tub. Another sign informed us that bathroom light switch had to be on for the electrical outlet to work. There was adequate bathroom illumination due to the 2 incandescent bulbs and the one CFL light bulb burning brightly without any benefit of any ornamental diffuser or shade. The curtain for the small front window was slightly more effective at filtering light than a sheet of gauze with a paint job. The curtain by the bed was torn near the top and difficult to close. While the flat screen TV was nice, the cable system used did not carry either CNN, nor Fox News Network. For fans of MSNBC though, take heart-it is the only cable news network available. We could hardly wait to leave in the morning. I am sure that there are other rooms much nicer than the one we had, at least I hope so. There was nothing quaint, quirky or charming about room 10, in our opinion. In sum, the Pros: great view of Table Rock; friendly staff, clean room, nice shower head, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen TV, and wi-fi - the basics are covered; the Cons: a small room, poorly placed hanger/shelf combo, a bathroom decor best left to one's memories of the worst of the 1950s, and a rate that suggested the promise of something better. Again, other rooms may be a whole lot nicer.

Room Tip: Ask not to be placed in Room 10
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Motel. I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your room. We have two different types of rooms available here at Table Rock Motel - The New Addition and the Cottage Side. Everyone one has a different preference, and you should have been placed in The New Addition, which is more the "chain" / modern type rooms. I understand that you were compensated for your displeasure. When your reservation was taken, the front desk should've spent more time to inquire what you were looking for rather than just take your reservation. Again, I am sorry that we did not have you in the right room.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

First if all, Bandon is a beautuful place to visit with some of the most gorgeous beaches I've seen. We were very pleased with the Table Rock Motel. Although the rooms are fairly standard, there's a nice charm to them and we were greeted by 2 lovebirds perched on the balcony railing. Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and I particularly enjoyed the employee's whistle and march with the window cleaning wiper after finishing her work :). The walk to overlook the ocean is about 1/2 block and the views are stunning. Beach access is a staircase away. We hope to come back someday.

• Stayed: August 2013
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for the nice review. We are very proud of Bandon and it's breath taking beaches. I am glad that you enjoyed the performance from our employee, she is a very happy person and we enjoy her, as well.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We called ahead based on other tripadvisor recommendations and the owner was good enough to put the key in a place for us as we arrived after the office closed. We asked for their least expensive room and she called it the budget room. Was probably the smallest room I have ever stayed in and I've stayed in lots. We barely had room to move but it was clean and it was just steps away from the ocean which we enjoyed the next morning. If you are looking for tiny and inexpensive then this place should fit the bill. They do have larger rooms if interested.

Room Tip: Very small room but clean
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alaska0712
alexlinke, Front Office Manager at Table Rock Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for your review! The Economy Cottages are usually for travelers who just need accommodation for the night! We do have all sizes of rooms, up to two bedroom cottages, each with their own character! We are happy that you enjoyed the Pacific Ocean in the morning, it is quite a sight!

Rachel
Front Desk

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My buddy and I stayed here because we could not get a room at Bandon Dunes Resort and it was a very good decision. Le, the owner and the entire staff were fantastic. The room we stayed in was one of the newer rooms. It was very clean and fully supplied. While we were there primarily to play golf, the location was very nice. We were close to the beach and had some breathtaking views of the sunset over Table Rock. I would recommend the Table Rock Motel to anyone traveling in this area and to any golfers who either can't get a room at Bandon Dunes Resort or who are looking for an alternative to staying at the Resort. You definietly need a car if you stay here, as there is no restaurant on the property, but it is less than 10 minutes by car to Bandon where there are some pretty good restaurants. Added bonus...they will do a basket load of wash and fold your clothes for $5. Overall, I give Table Rock Motel four stars.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the nice review. We are glad that you had a positive golfing experience here in Bandon. We strive to accommodate all of our guest's needs and are glad that you enjoyed the sunsets and the entire experience of Bandon.

Rachel
Front Desk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Windermere on the Beach
La Kris Inn
La Kris Inn
#8 of 12 in Bandon

Been to Table Rock Motel? Share your experiences!