“Great Stay!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Brooksville, Florida
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stopped off for a couple days of rest and relaxation on our way from Portland to San Francisco. Great experience! We were upgraded to a townhouse with a fantastic water view! Very comfortable 3 bed 3 bath unit with garage and wi fi . Old town Bandon was located just a short distance with restaurants, shopping, bars etc. Great visit!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GandJ2011
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
We're glad that we were able to give you what you wanted and thank you for enjoying your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Bonita, California
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This smallish motel was such a delightful surprise. We spent two nights here in the Egyptian Room and were extremely pleased with its cleanliness and spaciousness and close proximity to a peaceful walk along the top of the cliff overlooking the beautiful and rugged coast. Our room seemed new. It has a spotless and well-equipped small kitchen, and the staff could not be friendlier. Located in a residential area, it is quiet and a great place to see the beauty of Bandon that you miss from the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Bandon and The Egyptian Room.
Oregon
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The location, quality of rooms (newer beds), excellent customer service, close proximity to old town and other shopping in Bandon are just a few reasons why I was happy here. Not to mention ocean views from my room, but especially since it's just a few steps to the bank of the ocean (and a few more with stairs to the beach). I am so grateful I stumbled on this place, and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone I know going to the coast. I will always stay at Table Rock from now on. I can't say enough good about the place, so hopefully you will enjoy yourselves as well.

Room Tip: The manager will make sure you have a room you are happy with before you get charged.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
alexlinke, Supervisor at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for staying. Our Motel is simple, not a lot, but it is clean, comfortable and affordable. We like to provide everything our guests will need while they are here so that they can enjoy their stay, like a home away from home.
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have never encountered such friendly staff in my life. Glenna and Le went out of there way to assure my visit was comfortable and enjoyable. I've stayed places where staff was nice, but these two are off the charts nice. The bed was very comfortable, the room was spotless, and the ocean view is spectacular. I would never stay any where else when visiting Bandon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
alexlinke, Supervisor, Glenna at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your trip to Bandon and our Motel. We do like to have our guests feel at home and well taken care of. We appreciate that you were comfortable here. Thank you for staying with us.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here in April of 2012. I am just now getting around to writing a review. This was a wonderful trip to the ocean. It was my first time seeing the ocean. I choose to stay in Bandon just because of the Table Rock Motel. The owner gave me a fantastic rate. I stayed for one week. I had a room with a kitchenette. It was really nice, cozy and very clean. It had a path from the motel leading down to the ocean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SPITFIRE1761
alexlinke, Owner at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the nice review, so glad that you enjoyed yourself here. Hopefully you took with you, good memories of Bandon.
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I admit, when we arrived I thought, "oh man...this is going to be a hole". But boy was I wrong! As soon as I opened the door to our room (#9 in the old building) a smile found its way to my face.

Room 14 has a queen bed and a twin bed, a flat screen tv, an awesomely pink bathroom (charming not tacky), and laminate wood floors. I just fell in love with it in an instant. The rest of our party stayed in room 9 which has 2 queen beds in a bedroom separate from the living area. Very cute as well. I think their only complaint was the oddly configured bathroom. But I think that was only an issue due to the fact that one of them has limited mobility.

It was quite stormy when we stayed here...the drain outside the room backed up and created a large puddle that stretched to room 10 or so. Once the rain let up it drained and we didn't have any issues. I should say that the downpour was the type that completely drenched you after only a few seconds. I don't know how common this is or if it was just a particularly wet day. It in no way ruined our stay though!

I think that even if the interior weren't so cute the location would have made up for it. Table Rock is almost directly behind the motel. There are lovely paved walking trails and beach access within about 150 feet. The motel is situated on a bluff so it's a long staircase to the beach...due to the weather, I never went all the way down but I could see that the beach would be quite lovely and secluded in better weather.

I'd like to mention that if you're planning a trip here in early spring don't expect perfect weather. I'm from the Seattle area so a little rain just makes me feel more at home. I don't think I've ever experienced wind like we had during our stay...it was the kind that you can lean into...and if you aren't paying attention it may knock you off your feet...it causes the rain to feel like it's stinging your skin and if you don't wear the right clothes/gear you will be soaked through within minutes. Perfect Pacific Storm! It does make for spectacular crashing waves on the many little islands below the bluff though.

The motel's proximity to Old Town Bandon was really nice although we didn't get to explore it beyond the La Fiesta Mexican Restaurant. It is also only a few miles from the West Coast Safari Game Park.

Overall, this motel is for you if you like old but updated or quirky little places to stay instead of the big chain hotels. The beds were incredibly comfortable and the rooms were very quiet (except that the wind was whistling in every nook and cranny that it could...but that adds to the charm for me...and it wasn't distracting but oddly comforting somehow). I would absolutely stay here again...and I wouldn't even try to get a room in the new part of the motel!

• Stayed April 2013
alexlinke, Manager at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. We are glad that, despite the weather, you and your party had a good time. I'm sorry that the weather was not cooperating during your stay. Thank you for staying with us.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Location is outstanding, up on the bluffs so you can go for a great walk on the bluffs and then stairs down to the ocean where you can walk for miles. COttages 2 and 3 have a very cute, comfy upstairs bedroom. So worked well with kids ( and dog).
Good beds and some handmade quilts. Short drive to town.
First trip to Bandon, wish it was closer.

Room Tip: cottages 2 and 3 have upstairs bedroom, while others have better ocean views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Doug R
alexlinke, Manager at Table Rock Motel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you staying with us and your comments. Cottage 2 and 3 are pet and kid friendly. Hope that you will visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay
Windermere on the Beach

Been to Table Rock Motel? Share your experiences!