“Nice room but no Internet” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bandon Inn

Bandon Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Toronto, Canada
“Nice room but no Internet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel seems to be very popular even during the winter. Our two queen room was nice although a little on the small side. We got a good night sleep because it was pretty quiet and the Internet was not working. The area looks like an interesting place to vacation at.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Marysville, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

The original plan was to overnight in Roseburg but the weather took a turn for the worse so I cancelled our motel in Roseburg, choosing to come up 101 instead of I-5 and scouted Bandon because of previous memories of passing through . I quickly checked Tripadvisor and immediately liked what I saw about the Inn. 190 reviews means someone cares! The only negative was I had a visual of their location from the Bing map on Tripadvisor showing the location on the east end of town and I didn't spot the sign (the motel is not visible from the highway). Luckily, Bandon is small so I didn't gp far before I realized my mistake. A quick u-turn got me to the driveway within a couple of minutes.

Up the hill to the registration building and a few minutes later I was checked in. I was tired and didn't think to check on discounts and was pleasantly surprised when the desk clerk asked if I had AAA. She saved me 10% and I am grateful for her proactive approach.

We were able to get into Room 305 in the west building and parked in the center area between the two buildings. Two steps up and we were on the third floor! The east building sits in line with the west building, separated by about 10 parking places and entrance to that building requires going down a few steps to the first floor.

Our room was a single queen and very similar to the pictures posted. The bed was soft and comfortable and I was very impressed with the comfort of the straight backed chair. I also thought the room binder was very informative. The only drawback, if you want to call it that was a lack of a pool or spa, especially a spa where it is nice to soak after a long drive.

We had breakfast the next morning. The selection consists of small yogurts, two or three kinds of bagels that the front desk clerk will toast for you, cranberry bread and banana nut bread, cream cheese and butter, apples and oranges. They had coffee and cranberry and orange juices. There was seating for 3 or 4 in the nook so the best option was to grab a tray and take the food back to your room. The view for breakfast was great!

My most memorable memory of the inn was the torrential downpour at 12:55 in the morning. It sounded like the runoff was flowing through the room for about two minutes. I looked around when I got up but couldn't find a lick of rainwater in the room! I could spend some time here, maybe summer next time and I'll make a reservation.

Independence or
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have stayed at the Bandon Inn 2 times. This last weekend was just as memorable as the first stay. Both were wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable. The rooms are nice and clean. The beds comfortable and pillows plush. The continental Breakfast is yummy (homemade bread so good) and the staff so welcoming. I love the gift shop here. Very unique items at reasonable prices. Thank you for the shopping experience while visiting. The lobby was so beautiful with the holiday decorations as well.
We will be back again.

Yreka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We usually stay somewhere close to the beach itself but it didn't work out that way our last trip. Were pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms were...clean, spacious. We had a great view (corner room in West Building). The front desk staff were incredible!!! Arranged for golf for us, gave us smiles when we came in for breakfast two minutes before breakfast ended. Nice, nice people and an amazing gift shop. Lots of great things in a small place! Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner room in West building has best view but be aware that it faces a busy street and street activ...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robin4664
Bandon I, Owner at Bandon Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our front desk staff, gift shop and rooms. Our staff enjoys making sure that our gift shop is always looking it's best. Our housekeeping staff also take special care to guarantee that our guests rooms are spotless. Thank you for noticing!
Oregon Coast, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have stayed here as a stop over on three occasions. Rooms are average but clean. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Very cute gift shop (I make a purchase every time :-) Warm cookies in the evening and continental breakfast you can bring back to room. Pet friendly with small patch of grass and designated 'pet rooms.'

View of old town and bay is very beautiful at sunset and even at night with all the pretty town lights below. The view is the best part of the stay. There is a walking path from the Inn to Old Town... for gift shops, reataurants and even a couple art galleries.

Once again, average rooms with older decor. I recommend 2nd or 3rd floor for a better view. Rooms have small fridge, microwave and flat screen tv's.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MistyFog1
Sterling, AK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

As usual the welcome at the Bandon Inn was superb. Everything clean and nice. The staff were familiar from our last trip and were super in seeing to anything that we needed. As usual the warm cookies at night hit the spot. Love their little gift shop.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BobbieS39
Bandon I, Owner at Bandon Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We love to hear from our returning guests. We always make sure that our housekeeping and front desk staff know that they are getting wonderful reviews. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

If I was rating this place on room alone I might have said 4 stars. Clean and comfortable with everything you need but not a 5 star room. Bed was comfortable. No complaints, just pretty standard for hotel rooms. What sets this place apart from other similar size hotel/motels was the service. I can't say enough about the front desk staff- friendly and helpful!! We had a few little glitches when we first arrived that were resolved quickly by the owner/on site-manager. She came to our room soon after we called the front desk and took care of the issues immediately. Small town charm, great location. If you are going to Bandon this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: they all seemed pretty good. We were in #38 and it was very nice with King bed
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bandon I, Owner at Bandon Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We appreciate that you have taken the time to send us a review. Bandon Inn is fortunate to have a professional, long-term staff who enjoys meeting all our guests. We hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
BEST WESTERN Inn at Face Rock
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay
#2 of 7 in Coos Bay
Plainview Motel & RV Park

Been to Bandon Inn? Share your experiences!