$238
$210
BestWestern.com
$150
Windermere on the Beach(Bandon)(Great Value!)
$144
Lighthouse Cove Inn(Bandon)(Great Value!)
$139
Agoda.com
$150
La Kris Inn(Bandon)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Inn at Old Town(Bandon)(Great Value!)
$110
Hotels.com
$85
$99
All reviewscorner roomcoquille pointgreat viewbandon beachoregon coastrock formationssea stackslow tidetide poolsrooms are cleanfirst floortwo queen bedscoffee makersmall balconyeasy access to the beachold townface rock
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stayed here for one night during a two week Oregon road trip based on the Trip Advisor ratings and was not disappointed. I stayed in Room 106, which was the largest (and most expensive) guest room. The windows offered us sweeping vistas of a beach that really defied description; more because most people would not believe all the superlatives. Gorgeous sums it up.

The hotel is located on a lovely and lonely precipice on the very edge of the Oregon Islands National Wildlife Refuge. Stairs lead down to the beach, which has incredible rock formations, tide pools, sweeping views and more professional photographers setting positioning tripods than I honestly think I've ever seen anywhere else.

Addressing another reviewers comments... I could probably agree that there are likely other accommodations in Bandon that are more luxurious with more contemporary design. However, Bandon is ALL about this beach. The town rolls up the sidewalks around 6:00 PM and reopens between 10:00 AM & 11:00 AM. The beach is what it is all about. You could stay in town, but you'd be sitting in your hotel room or driving up to this very location to go to the beach until bedtime.

The set-up is traditional roadside motor inn. Park outside. Walk up through open breeze-ways to your room. Turn key and enter.

The decor wasn't mind blowing, but it was adequate and certainly practical as a beachside motel. The balcony was small, but I couldn't imagine sitting in my room or on my balcony when I could step outside and enjoy the full view.

I have to compliment the staff here. It is family run and the family is constantly on the run. They are management, front desk, landscaping, maintenance, housekeeping, and reservation desk. It was incredible to see that all of their reserbations and bookings are done through a big ledger book - no computers at all. I do commend them for the effort.

If you are simply slipping through Bandon and need a roadside accommodation, certainly choose any place that suits your budget. If Bandon is a destination stop for you, then it is because you want to visit the beach. In that case, this is where you want to be.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend with a footnote that this place is all about location. Not luxury. Not amenities. Not quality of pillows or towels. You stay here because you love the outdoors, adventure, and an incomparable setting.

My only criticism is that, of the three windows in our room, the two facing the ocean were stationary and did not open. We would have loved to have them open to hear the ocean and feel a rush of ocean air. The bed was comfortable, but there seems to be a disposition in Oregon toward Queen-size beds over King-size beds. I encountered this a number of times during our two weeks in Oregon and will only book king rooms in the future.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BrooklynRider
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We'd seen pictures of the motel on the website, but they just don't do it justice! The location is amazing and the service was excellent! The check-in clerk was very nice and gave us a room with an awesome view. It was neat and clean and had a "homey" feel. We immediately felt welcome and enjoyed visiting with the staff. They were very helpful in choosing places to eat and even had menus available in the office. We are photographers, so the walk down the steps and along the beach gave us many opportunites for some amazing photos. You can walk quite aways in both directions. The sunset was beautiful. Our trip took us all the way down the coast of Oregon and this was, by far, the best place we stayed! We can't wait to go again and stay longer!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ARGal07
Reviewed September 5, 2009

This is the place to go if you are looking for a view! This motel sets high atop a cliff overlooking the ocean! The rooms are very clean and spacious. Chuck, Jeannie, Caleb and Lisa will make you feel like you've known them for many years. The service is very friendly and even their little boy helped us carry our baggage. Where can you find that nowadays?! What great service you'll get from this family owned business. This was our second stay at the Bandon Beach Motel. We had a wonderful time even though the weather was not good the first day -- very windy and cold. The beach is great for children who love to explore. As children do, they played on the beach for hours without feeling the cold exploring in and out of the caves and the big rocks. It was nice to return to our clean, warm room after a cold day at the beach. The second day the sun came out and the weather was very nice. They have newly remodeled rooms, very clean. The beds were comfortable, although I always take my own pillow. We stayed on the second floor which has a beautiful view. There is also a nice staircase down to the beach -- a great spot to take pictures from. Watch out for exercise -- you'll get lots of it! Cranberry Sweets is our favorite Bandon store to shop in. There are several fun ones in town. We will go again!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank tutorsc
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We stayed here based on the reviews in TripAdvisor. This cannot be (and isn't) the best motel in Bandon. It was OK but nothing special and expensive ($135/night, payment required in advance) for what it is.

The bed was old and barely comfortable. The pillows were the most uncomfortable either my husband or I has ever tried to sleep on. The balcony is tiny and shared with adjacent unit, which can see into your room if you fail to keep blinds closed. The hallway adjacent to the rooms can be overrun with noisy children running, hollering and playing. Which is probably fine if you're traveling with kids.

The rooms are clean. Amenities are sparse and cheap -- two thin towels, two plastic and two styrofoam cups.

We wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AllysSouthernOregon
Reviewed August 25, 2009

This hotel is clean, friendly and basic.... but.... it's location is outstanding. It is located in a residential neighborhood, so there aren't restaurants or shops in the neighborhood. It's up to you whether that matters more than the beach and the view. I don't know how anyone got a permit to build on this location, but it is right on a bluff, looking west over the ocean with the beach right outside the door. Absolutely outstanding if walking on empty beaches and watching the sunset is what you are into. Also, dog friendly, including towels and a hose to wash off Fido before returning to the room and making a big mess.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo