“Wonderful food!”

Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Locally owned since 2006 we are a casual fine dining restaurant on the Southern Oregon Coast. Coastal Cuisine & Italian-Inspired with Eclectic Wine Cellar & Full Bar. Fresh local ingredients whenever possible, house-made pastas, seafood, steak and more, house-made desserts. Please check with us frequently as our menu and market prices change with the season's local availability. Historical online menus/pricing does not reflect current menus/fees. Reservations are highly encouraged throughout the year due to limited space. Walk-ins welcome. Large group reservations welcome. We look forward to serving you while you Connect, Savor & Relax here at Alloro. 5-8pm Sun,5-9pm Mon,Tue,Thurs,Fri,Sat with our last reservation seating 30 minutes prior to closing. We are closed Wednesday's throughout the year.
Reviewed June 5, 2009

For my wife's birthday we headed over to the coast from our home on the Umpqua River and ended up in Bandon for dinner. My wife and I are certainly what you call 'foodies' after owning a restaurant. The food was fantastic! Clean flavors, fresh ingredients, almost everything made right there, and fresh pasta. Prices were moderate to high, but well worth it. Don't miss the fresh pasta dishes, we ordered a pasta course split and was perfect! This is the best coastal food we have had in Oregon.

4  Thank wowzer
There are newer reviews for Alloro Wine Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed May 30, 2009

What a delight! The ambiance is soothing, the service spectacular, the food the finest we have had, beautifully prepared, and the warmth and friendliness of the co-owner and staff is worth the travel. The prices are, by our standards a tad below average for an average restaurant, which makes this establishment a MUST if in the area. We are visiting from Arizona, but have lived in 13 states and had the opportunity to eat in some very special restaurants here in the states as well as Europe, and Alloro beats them all. We will be back!!

3  Thank CorgieLover
Reviewed September 29, 2008

Just returned from a 9 day tour of OR that included 4 days on the coast. While in Bandon we ate at Alloro becasue we had read many good reviews and it just sounded like our kind of place. First off the reviews are not exagerated--the service, food and wines were all outstanding. Not wanting to eat any one entre or drink any one wine Sue and I sat down with one of the co-owners, Lian , and set up a tasting menu based on their diverse list of wines by the glass (OR, IT and SP), appitizers and small plates. We shared shrimp-stuffed squash blossoms, crab bisque, crab and avocado salad, cured meat plate, roasted beet arugula gorgonzola salad and halibut ravioli in chanterel sauce-- all a delight to both the palate and the eye. Home made ice cream and fresh coffe for dessert! Mmmmm......... If you are ever in Bandon OR you must eat at Alloro. We found our dining experience there to EASILY be one of the top 10 of our lives!

3  Thank pinacoleggo
Reviewed September 17, 2008

This is a hidden gem. Just finished a great trip through the Willamette Valley and golf at Bandon Dunes. This restaurant is as good or better than any we visited. Certainly the best in the Bandon area. Everything from ambience, quality of food, service and wine list was excellent.

2  Thank RonScottsdale
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My in-laws were visiting us for a week and we chose to go to Bandon for a night during their stay. This was our first trip to Bandon, so I was worried that I would not pick a good restaurant for our family dinner... I read the reviews for Alloro on TripAdvisor and held my breath that Alloro would live up to the reviews.

First, I had called for reservations and was told that they wouldn't be able to fit in a party of 4 until 8:30, maybe 9. They told me that if they could get us in early they would call me on my cell phone. While sightseeing that day, I got a call from the restaurant (just as they had promised) telling me that we could come in early...by that time we had eaten a late lunch, so we opted for the later seating...but I was very impressed that they kept their promise and tried to get us in earlier. Good sign...

When we showed up, we were seated at a table by the door (which I was worried about)...but the place is small, so there really wasn't any other place to go. Turns out the table was just fine.

My father-in-law was worried that since it was a wine bar, that they wouldn't be able to get their "pre-dinner" Manhattans...I told him that I had seen liquor behind the bar, so he should ask. Turns out that they not only got their Manhattans, they were so good my father-in-law got a second!! He was extremely happy.

The wine list is pretty good, especially for the area!! I would recommend that they have a couple more options for wines by the glass (I only had one cab choice to go with my steak). The by the bottle list was very good.

The food...oh my goodness!! Amazing! My in-laws (from Chicago) were exchanging bites of their food and making "mmm" sounds the whole time. Our group had the linguine with clams, the pasta with sausage and truffles, the fetuchine alfredo with salmon, the halibut, and the NY strip with white truffle oil.... ALL of the dishes were delicious. My husband's comments at the end was that the dish he liked the least was his halibut, but that if he hadn't tasted everyone else's dishes, he would have thought the halibut was wonderful...just that the others were MORE wonderful.

The staff was friendly and made our experience even better. They even put up with our questions of "what does Alloro mean" (turns out we were all wrong - it's Italian for bayleaf). We will definitely be back! My husband is already plotting another trip over to the coast, just to go to this restaurant! Would highly recommend...just make reservations, and relax. It's a wonderful environment to just hang out and have some great food and wine.

My in-laws loved the place so much, we took a picture of them under the sign on our way out...they were still commenting on it a couple of days later!

4  Thank catfan3333