“Great price for someone traveling along the coast”
Review of La Kris Inn

La Kris Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Bandon
Maryland
“Great price for someone traveling along the coast”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

This probably started out as an average roadside motel. The owners (who I think live on the premises) have individually decorated all the rooms. There were lots of flowers, unique sheets/bedspread, a stuffed animal on the bed. The rooms are very small and they are located right on 101. There's no AC or fan but I'm guessing the coast is cool enough so this doesn't matter much. If we were going to spend a few days in Bandon, we would have stayed at a place right on the beach that provided larger rooms.

• Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MD_Hiker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We stayed at this hotel on the fourth of July, booking far in advance since I thought things may be booked up. I was a little worried since I had completed my reservation through e-mail and my only confirmation was an e-mail saying that they would be glad to have me. However, when we arrived, the owner was very friendly and had my reservation waiting, much to my relief.

The rooms are very clean, and as mentioned before, very quiet even though it is right on Hwy 101. Actually, our room was the last in line, about 10 feet from the highway and it was amazingly quiet.

The hotel is walking distance to Old Bandon, albeit down quite a hill. There is a grocery store and a drive-thru coffee shop right across the street which was handy.

Although we were only here one night, I would certainly stay again for longer when we visit Bandon again.

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank MUhrblock
Astoria, Oregon
Reviewed July 5, 2008

My wife and I were traveling the Oregon Coast and stopped for the night. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the room and friendliness of the owners. The rate was very reasonable ($75). Close to old town and we walked to the beach in 20 minutes.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank danjstein
Beaverton, OR
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We stayed 1 night on June 26th in room 5 with our dog. We paid $75.00 per night plus a $10.00 pet fee.

The Good:
Clean, no odors, quiet (even though it’s right on US 101, we noticed no traffic noise at night), friendly staff, plenty of ventilation with the bathroom window and the room window open, the bedspread and décor looked more like someone’s home than a motel, wood floor instead of carpet, 1 level so no one above us.

The Neutral:
No room for the dog’s bed.

The Bad:
No breakfast (but we had food with us so not a problem).

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msdj
UK
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We stayed for one night in May. When we pulled in to the car park it was raining a little so spirits were not high, we then thought have we made a mistake, the outside does not look anything special. We checked in with the thought that for USD 58 a night, we can move if we do not like it. We opened the door...what a great room, furnishings quality were excellant, the bathroom had big fluffy towels, the room had a fridge, microwave and a good size and quality TV. The town centre is a 5 minute walk, admitadly uphill coming back, but not a mountain.
I want to say for the price it can not be beaten, but, and I hope they do not, if the price were another 30-50 USD per night it would still be a great place to stay and great value.

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mickt
Lake Oswego , Oregon
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I have been staying at La Kris now for over 30 years. I have family in the area. The hotel is a great location, a walk to the store,and "Old Town". I recomend this place to anyone who is traveling to Bandon. I will stay no place else. I request #12 all of the time. --Chris M. (Lake Oswego, Or.)

• Liked — Extreamly clean
  • Disliked — Check in time too late
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thecheeseguy
seattle
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We thought the room was very cute. Very convenient location.
Close to Old Town, a grocery store and walking distance to the beach (a few blocks away).
The only negative was there was no air conditioning, fortunately the weather wasnt too hot.
The room was much quieter than I thought it would be since it is right off Hwy 101.
All in all, a very pleasant experience!!

• Stayed August 2007
2 Thank traveler1091
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Sunset Oceanfront Lodging
Plainview Motel & RV Park
Lighthouse Cove Inn
Lighthouse Cove Inn
#6 of 12 in Bandon

Been to La Kris Inn? Share your experiences!