“Skip it”

Cuisines: American
Bandon, Oregon
“Skip it”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've had both breakfast and lunch there and also went once to the bar. For breakfast I had good ole bacon and eggs. They were OK, but the service was very slow and I had to beg for a second cup of coffee.

Later I went there for lunch with a coworker. I had a Philly cheesesteak and he had fish and chips. The fish looked like it came out of a Gorton's box. My cheesesteak was bland. Again, the service was slow. It took 45 minutes before the food came, and I had to go to the counter to get the bill so I could pay it.

Lastly, I went to the bar with three friends for beers in the late afternoon. It wasn't busy, but we could not get served for 5 minutes. The bartender was too busy talking to a guy about 3 seats from us at the bar. The beer, when it arrived, was cold and delicious, but no more so than from my fridge, and I could have got it myself a lot faster. The bartender never came back to see if we wanted more. We stayed about a half hour then walked out. He never noticed that we didn't pay. Too busy watching TV and talking to his buddies.

• Visited August 2012

Visalia, California, United States
“Not only great food...”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place feels like home. Friendly staff, comfortable atmosphere and good food make this place well worth visiting. We look forward to our next trip to Bandon.

• Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Terrific breakfast”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This deals only with breakfast. We went twice in four days and both times it was excellent. Food prepared piping hot, just right and Connie took proper care of us, generous with the coffee and attention.

Visited December 2012
Newark, New Jersey
“Recommended for breakfast”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Of the three restaurants I've eaten breakfast at in Bandon, this one seemed to have the most locals. Some interesting menu items! Two words: salmon hash!! It was a little dry but one of the tastiest things I've ever had for breakfast. Worth a visit just for that. Stay away from the biscuits unless you like them huge and heavy.

Bandon, Oregon
“Tourist trap”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I went here for lunch while working in Bandon for a six week stint. The service was slow......... The ruben sandwich was horrible and the atmosphere was very dated, musty and dirty. Lord of the Flies could be filmed here, there were lots of them.

Visited October 2012