“Sad Sad Sad”

West Coast Game Park Safari
Ranked #4 of 22 things to do in Bandon
More attraction details
Owner description: The United State's largest wild animal petting park.
Coos Bay, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Sad Sad Sad”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is that this place saddened, depressed and disappointed me. Animals were in too small of cages and many were alone. I'm sure they were very lonely. I left with a feeling of deep sadness. This place should not be allowed to remain open!

9 Thank RAM1959

Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Who has ever pet a baby bear cub???”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

So much fun! My daughter loved the deer and goats roaming around. Seeing the exotic animals was fun, but she really loved the petting zoo aspect. We all got to pet the baby bear cub, and that was amazing. There was a caracal kitten (sorry, can't spell), and all of the animals were very well cared for. Each person working here was attentive and really knew a lot about the animals. Great value for the entrance fee, and no pressure to buy anything further. A must see on 101.

Visited June 2013
Visalia, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“West Coast Game Park Safari”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

While taking a road trip from central California to the Oregon Coast city of Bandon, we noticed several road sign about the West Coast Game Safari just south of town. We went there and paid about $15 per person. We were told that there were baby animals that we could pet such as tiger, bear, bobcats, etc. We have been to several zoos in the past, but this was different. We were greeted by goats, deer, and other exotic animals as soon as we walked in. There were areas that had animals behind pens, but there was a petting area in which the staff brought out baby tiger, a bear cub, bobcat, caracal so that you can actually touch and have your picture taken with then. Our 13yr old niece, who was with us really enjoyed this, but probably not as much as my wife. We are animal lovers and wondered about the treatment and the exposure that the animals were getting from interacting with people. We noticed that all the animals were healthy and calm. Should you find yourself in the Bandon area of Oregon this is a must stop especially if you have kids.

1 Thank Ramon A
Olympia, Washington
“A memorable and enjoyable place”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Baby animals; they have many to see, hold, pet, smell, and fall in love with. During my visit, I met Bob the bobcat kitten, 2 bear cubs, foxes, wallabies, a lion, two tigers, several leopards, puma, hoven animals of several species, peacocks and hens galore, Roosevelt Elk, coatis (super cute!), possum, apricot skunk, ferrets, caracal, lynx, tortoise, baby donkey, chimpanzee, and many more. I am usually not a fan of keeping animals in cages but I forgot all that while I was rubbing a baby bear's belly and he reached out and held my hand. Best moment of my life.

Clinton, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Nice afternoon in Bandon”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We decided to make a stop at the park after we heard they had exotic animal cubs that you can handle. I was a bit leery since we live on a farm, most petting zoos are goats and sheep. This one had the usual goats, but also had the opportunity to hold a caraval and pet a baby tiger cub. I talked to the employees and found out all the cubs go home with employees and are treated like family pets. I'm sure that's how they keep the animals so tame. Worth the stop.

1 Thank TheFarmersWife18