“A fun family attraction”

West Coast Game Park Safari
Ranked #3 of 22 things to do in Bandon
More attraction details
Owner description: The United State's largest wild animal petting park.
Beaverton, Oregon
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A fun family attraction”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I made our third visit to this park in April. Joy loves to pet the baby critters of all kinds. This time they had a baby bobcat and two black bear cubs. We also saw a momma wallaby with her joey's head sticking out of her pouch... A first for me. And I'm sure that we'll visit again sometime.

Woodland, Washington
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Do Not Go”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am not an animal rights guy, but this place I actually felt sorry for the animals. They were aa kept in small cages. There big cats are kept in cages that are probably 20x20 and they all smell like cat urine. The elk they have is kept in a 20x100 pen, this is very small for a range animal. This place was more like a petting zoo not a safari.

Visited May 2013
12 Thank Damon L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Drive right on by.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I felt dirty and depressed upon leaving. Animals looked scared, bored, depressed. Enclosures small with little enrichment opportunities. How would you like to spend day in and day out laying on gravel? Baby bear smacked on nose for biting handler. He's a baby and he's a bear--what do you expect? Ashamed I paid money to witness this animal exploitation.

2 Thank Patty1834
Willows, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“West Coast Game Park Safari”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our visit to the Bandon Game park was excellent! The staff (family owned & operated) was friendly and helpful. We even got a AAA discount. I was amazed that there were many more animals than I expected. We loved petting the baby bears - Bonnie & Clyde and the other animals. I loved how the llamas, deer, peacocks, goats, and donkey walked freely and even followed you around.
We got to see the wallaby's and some had babies in their pouches. They were so docile!

The gift shop prices were very reasonable.
We had the best time! I can't wait to visit again!

1 Thank Mary R
Portland, OR
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Incredible!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Don't be put off by the outdated signs out front. My family and I had a spectacular time. We got to get up close and personal with a baby bobcat and bear. Every day animals are brought out for people to engage with them. Educational and fun. The gift shop was weak and I wish the chimps near the entrance had more space and privacy, other than that this was a super afternoon.

Visited March 2013