“Play with baby animals!”

West Coast Game Park Safari
Ranked #3 of 22 things to do in Bandon
More attraction details
Owner description: The United State's largest wild animal petting park.
Coos Bay, Oregon
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Play with baby animals!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

For kids and adults alike, it is such a treat to play with baby animals. The rest of the game park is mediocre at best. Admission is a bit high for the game park in general, but I think it is worth it to get five minutes in an enclosure with a baby bobcat, tiger, cougar, or whatever they have currently.

Visited September 2012

Springfield OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“SO very sad......”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went to this park a while back while I was on the coast, and I was interested to see how their park was and the welfare of the animals. I was so shocked to see so many animals in very small cages. The Roosevelt Elk were all standing with their heads down looking very depressed (there is no room for them to move around the way an elk naturally should). The one event that stood out was being able to actually pick up a lion cub...a pretty small one. He was running all over the enclosure crying and Im sure looking for his mother (was she even there? I never saw her if so). I picked up the cub and he about took my face and upper arms off....bad scratches. But I didnt blame him. I think the staff has to have more control of interaction with people and animals so that things like this do not happen, But even so most of the animals looked bored and listless because of inactivity for sure. When do these animals get to go for a good run?? Never I think is the answer. Do your self a favor and go to Wildlife Safari in Winston. There the animals roam free on acres of land....no small enclosures, or if there are the animals are kept there for a limited amount of time each day. OH yes the staff answered someones review saying they did not have non profit status like other parks. Well it doesnt take much to become a non profit so why arent you folks getting busy? Then you might be able to afford to purchase more land and make a more natural setting for these amazing creatures. Its the LEAST you owe them!!

Visited April 2012
12 Thank Judith S
Margaret River,Western Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Outraged Aussie Tourist”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My cousin and I were road tripping through the US and were recommended by hotel staff at one of our hotels to head over and check out this safari park.
As we walked around the park things just got more disturbing by the minute. Firstly were extreemly large predatory cats in tiny cages ( 2 per cage), A donkey that was in serious need of a hoof trim ( it was so lame it could hardly walk) and worst of all was two chimps screaming in distress in a disgusting small cage, where visitors were cruel and making fun of these stressed animals.
This place should be shut down! please do not go to this park with hope that they get shut down and the animals are turned over to zoos where educated professionals care for them!
I quite happily told staff at the hotel to stop sending custoners there, I hope they do.

13 Thank Courtney J
Newport, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Enjoyable for the family!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was a nice stop for the whole family. We enjoyed all the animals that roamed. We were able to pet and cuddle a baby bob cat, ferrets, opossums, and a skunk! The tigers and other cats are beautiful. They seemed to keep the cages clean and the animals all seemed to be well fed. The chimpanzee made the kids laugh as he blew raspberries at them. The staff was very friendly and were glad to answer all the questions my kids threw at them. I felt at first it was a little spendy, but in the end it was worth it.

Visited December 2012
6 attraction reviews
“A small local zoo, but great on an uncrowded day”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We visited this park in November and we had the park nearly to ourselves (there were 2 other couples there at the same time). The cages for the animals are small, but they have some impressive cats (tigers, lions, cougars) and other large animals. The highlight was the petting zoo area ... while i can understand how some people might be upset about having animals like a bobcat in a petting zoon environment, they caretakers genuinely love the animals and are very knowledgeable. It really is a fabulous opportunity to get up close to animals. The entire area where you walk around is filled with goats and other small animals, so I imagine little kids would have a blast.

Visited November 2012