“Maybe the best course at Bandon”
Review of Pacific Dunes

Pacific Dunes
More attraction details
Owner description: Sister course of the renowned Bandon Dunes, these links complement a spectacular stretch of Pacific coastline and provide a benchmark for the renaissance of the "natural" American course.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

An excellent test of links golf. You can leave the driver in the bag on many holes -- the bump and run works very well. The course will give up a low score if your irons are accurate, but can eat you up if you spray the ball either off he tee or coming into the greens.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The best ever and I've played Pebble Beach 4 times. Just superb, bucket list stuff here. Had a 60 degree day, 12mph wind from south. Made the hard holes easy and the easy holes hard. If I could afford it, I would play there forever. Shot 77 and I'll NEVER forget it. ONCE in your life, play one of the Bandon courses. #1 on Golf Chanel in US.

1  Thank g p
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Some of the prettiest and most atmospheric golf holes I've ever played. The layout made great use of the landscape, but I thought the fairways were generous. This was more than made up for by the greens and the traps, which were brutal (I had never played on fescue before - couldn't make a putt). Staff were excellent, particularly my caddie. I thought the whole experience was a nice change, but not sure the price was justified for all of that.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We played it first and then a couple days later. Our first round was cool (almost cold) and very windy (even by Bandon standards in July). We had the typical summer wind for the first round and the prevailing winter wind for the latter round. It was amazing how different the course played. Pacific has some GREAT holes. The oceanfront holes are fantastic. I think there is something magical about a "stretch" of ocean holes -- like #7-#10 at Pebble or #9-#11 at Turnberry. Pacific (or Bandon) never really have that stretch. No the problem: the green were poor. Not bad. Not good. Poor. I was shocked. The combination of fescue and poa annua makes them bumpy and inconsistent. There were sandy spots with very little grass. If these greens were at your local muni, people would be up in arms.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The golf is amazing. Staff is very friendly and has excellent advice if you just listen. Restaurant is handy and tasty with incredible views and friendly banter. Come prepared for all kinds of weather and competition.