“A MUST stop when in Bandon”
Review of Coastal Mist

Coastal Mist
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Bandon
Description: At Coastal Mist we offer award wining artisan chocolates and desserts that are all hand made from scratch combining the best local fruits, nuts and dairy products and adding them to the best of European chocolate. We also offer sandwiches on our fresh baked bread, entree salads and side salads on weekdays and individual quiche and pastry of the day on weekends. Don't forget to save room for our famous drinking chocolate or drinking caramelserved both hot and cold
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A MUST stop when in Bandon”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The moment you walk into Coastal Mist Chocolates you realize you have just stepped into a very special place. The scent of chocolate makes you just relax and take a deep breathe. If you are looking for a little something to take care of that sweet tooth, you just came to the right spot. You are offered some of the smoothest chocolates I beleive in the whole state of Oregon. If you are thirsty, then try their drinking chocolate, I bet you can't have just one. You will be coming back to have another one. Another secrets to this special shop is that they offer some of the best sandwiches in town, if you want to try one you better get there early because they seem to sell out fast. Here is a clue: you can pre-order the sandwices you want the day before and they will have them ready for when you need them. Are you celebrating something, they can create an exceptional dessert. My family celebrated a very special birthday and they created the perfect cake that we still talk about a month later. If you want a special treat, they offer a special chocolate, vanilla tasting experience for small groups. You learn the history of chocolate and chocolate making and even great to taste some of the best chocolates. When in Bandon, you have to stop by and smell the chocolate! And eat some too!

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

A veritable funhouse of culinary delights, the wide (and wild) range of delicious sandwiches (they make their own sandwich bread and rolls) and quiches, authentic-tasting european pastries (if you go here, be sure to try one of their pains au chocolat; one bite and you'll swear you're on the rue de Rivoli), and very fine/upscale chocolates and desserts in this boutique in Bandon's old town are feasts for both the eyes and the palate. I'm personally more of a savory kind of eater so I tend to gravitate toward their delicious quiches and sandwiches (always fresh and fresh-tasting, and with deliciously creative combinations of ingredients), but the sublime desserts and wonderful fine chocolates are as beautiful to behold as they are delicious (most of them look to me like tiny works of art, and they taste as amazingly good as they look). The proprietors are super-friendly and are clearly passionate about their work. A wonderful, fun and enjoyable fine food experience overall. I'm only a summer visitor, but while I'm here I go to Coastal Mist literally every time I'm in old town Bondon. Very highly recommended!

1 Thank ILfrtchr
Molalla
“A Must Experience”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The first thing you notice is the fragrance! It's not like commerical sweet bakery too sugary, etc. It is like chocolate perfume that you must experience. We tried the desert offerings & individual chocolates & got some for gifts as well. Friendly very nice people. Our first day in Bandon we weren't paying attention to the time, as you do on vacation, & got there just right after it closed. The owner came out & invited us in. I told him, "oh that's ok, we are here for 3 days & we will come back, it's closing time, not a problem:)" He waved that off & said it was fine please come in. We also went back & bought coffee during our visit to bring home & really enjoyed that when we got back. And we will go back when we return to Bandon. The chocolate is exceptional, the people very nice, the store is inviting with easy to see displays. Don't miss it!

2 Thank Moralli
Eugene, OR
“Great Sweets, Good Sandwiches”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is the place to go in Bandon to have designer, Belgian chocolate desserts. The place is like a sweet store, but for adults (although kids would love it as well). The proprietor is very friendly and informative (it's usually the wife). We also purchased one of their three sandwiches available and ate it there. Beware, the sandwiches are big enough to share between two people. However, they only have sandwiches on weekdays, and they have quiche and pastries on the weekends. But the desserts are to die for. Too many choices. We also bought some of their ground coffee/cocoa blend and had it the next morning--not bad. Overall, a great store if you like chocolate.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank ltorgy
washington state
“Great Presentation”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My sister and I bought several chocolates and two desserts. Everything looked wonderful and it tasted yummy. I didn't give it a five star because I know of other places where I prefer the taste of their chocolate better (European cholcolatiers both oversees and in Washington State).

Visited June 2012