“Bad beginning, good ending”
Review of Edgewaters

Edgewaters
Ranked #5 of 57 Restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned Seafood and Steak House close to the mouth of the Coquille River with amazing ocean, river and lighthouse views. Enjoy the freshest seafood and hand cut steaks or try one of Chef Bob’s Pasta Creations.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We made phone reservations and upon arrival, were told that we could wait in the bar upstairs until our table was ready. We went upstairs and found a table. The hostess came over and asked if we had reservations (as we were in the bar, this was a first for me). We explained that we had been asked to wait for our table up here. Her attitude was... cold is the best word I can say. The waitress came up and took our drink order. Not personal, not friendly, just adequate. We stayed for about 30 minutes until our table was ready. The live music was on the loud side, but the singer was good. We were glad to leave the bar and went downstairs, not sure what to expect..

Down in the restaurant, things got MUCH better. The hostess was funny and friendly, our server was great,k the busboy had a good wry sense of humor. (and yes, I believe that restaurants are not all about the food) The atmosphere was good, but (I'm a lighting junkie) the lighting was sterile, not warm and inviting. Plain laminate tables, comfortable seats.

Now, the good stuff. The bread is awesome! Home made, wonderful flavor. The wine list is good, with a nice selection of NW and other regional wines. I had the Mediterranean Linguine with tomatoes and artichoke hearts. The Waitress said it was very lightly flavored, and she was right. Our party also had the Spaghetti Bolognese, the Fish and Chips, and the halibut. All were excellent. I came out on the short end. Next time I'll have the Bolognese.

I will definitely go again, but I will avoid the bar. Rating this down below will be tough. I'll have to go with a 2, to make up for the zero upstairs.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

When we arrived, we were the only ones in this small, comfortable restaurant and thought we might have made a mistake in coming here. We were delighted that we stayed. We were not prepared for the outstanding meals that were presented to us. Don't let the decor fool you. There is more than meets the eye at this wonderful jewel of a restaurant.

2  Thank Zdc2152
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The restaurant was not busy when we arrived. We decided to sit on the covered patio which has a lovely view. Although it was a bit chilly, it was not unpleasant. Our waitress was a young local girl who was very nice. My husband had halibut chowder to start which was excellent I had the salad which also was very good. We both had fish and chips which were fabulous. They only charge $15 for corkage which is very good for Oregon. The entire meal with corkage was only $45.

We watched the sun go down there. It was lovely and within walking distance of the Bandon Inn.

2  Thank peggymack
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The food is WONDERFUL. But I am very big on creating an overall really great dining experience for customers, so unfortunately I can't give a higher rating because the interior atmosphere is really frumpy. Typically in quaint little beach communities, it's good to be rustic, old, charming, quaint, "rough around the edges" - however Edgewaters truly does need an interior refresh. The interior looks almost like an old "all you can eat buffet" in a senior citizens community. And maybe there is a large senior citizen population that enjoys it, but I think if you are on the waterfront and boast an outstanding pacific oceanfront dining experience, it might be good to give the place a little spruce up. I'm an interior designer so maybe my senses are overly heightened, but I truly believe that every table in a restaurant should be "the best seat in the house". And dont get me wrong, i LOVE hole-in-wall local little places.... So back to my review: When my husband and I walked in with his parents, we sat down in the main dining room. Within seconds, we asked if we could check out the bar upstairs, because the atmosphere was so awkward. Upstairs was slightly better, so we took a seat. What was really distracting however, was the giant flat screen Tv playing sports during the entire dinner. Granted, it is a bar, which I understand, but nobody was watching it, and it just downgraded the classiness of what was called "the shanghai lounge" immediately. It would have made the place a million times more charming and enjoyable if the tv was off, and the last thing i want to do it be the annoying customer who complains and asks them to turn it off! Anyways, This adorable building has SO much potential to be a knock your socks off, charming little seafood house. It just needs some money put into new lighting, new flooring and maybe some better table situations. The food however, was great. And they have gluten free pasta options for all those GF folks out there!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I liked the food here, however it wasn't the best I've had in Bandon. The service was okay...a little slow. Would have given a better rating if the the menu selection would have been a bit larger.

1  Thank Tammy G